GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 1)

pokes his head out of Surfy’s pocket

YAY!

grabs his favorite blankie, a tasty :bear::sandwich:, and climbs into Surfy’s lap and begins to snurfle like a happy otter

Happy Floofsday!

OOC: I’d put Romero closer to the ground middle bottom of the list just due to the deliberate camp of the show. He never seemed threatening or chaotic as the Joker should be.

True fact: Romero refused to shave his iconic mustache for the role and, if you look carefully, you can see it under the facepaint.

1 Like

True it was heavy camp

I was kind of the reverse experience - where Adam West was the first Batman I ever watched, I was wondering what was up with all these dark batman things :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Me and my dad constantly fight on which Batman is better. Adam West or the Animated Series.

3 Likes

Ooo tough choice there

Adam West Batman
I liked Earth Kitt as Catwoman (Julie Newmar a close 2nd)
Frank Goshin was fun as the riddler
I can only think of Burgess Meredith as the Penguin
and it was campy fun

Animated series had much better story development, solid voice acting on Batman, and Mark Hamill voice acting is a treat

3 Likes

To be fair, they were both very much a product of their respective times. I hold both in equal regard, to be honest.

Though I will say The Batman from the mid 2000’s got a really raw deal and was a very good series as well.

1 Like

jumps through his through his totally evil Deathgate into the Lounge

THE MOST EVIL BATMAN VILLAIN IS CALENDARMAN!!! CHANGING YOUR APPOINTMENTS IS TOTALLY EVIL!!! ALSO, BEARS ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD AND OTTERS ARE SILLY!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

escapes back through his totally evil Deathgate

2 Likes

Since y’all were talking joker

I personally think he’s way overrated and gets way too much screen time

He’s pretty one dimensional in most of his portrayals and ends up just preventing villains with more interesting stories from getting more attention

1 Like

got a fav villan?

Too true, there is stuff in each that would not work in the time of the other

Penny Plunderer

2 Likes

That one’s a classic :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d disagree…for the most part. Joker is and was designed to be the chaotic and unpredictable antithesis to the staid and rigid personality of Batman.

In practice, it’s true Joker is not always well represented. In fact, I’d argue that the very two best representations of Joker both in print and on film have been “Killing Joke” (print) which added the pathos of his origin to make him a much more tragic figure.

In film, I absolutely loved the Joker movie because it really hit home at what can happen to mentally ill people struggling against an uncaring and ultimately care-LESS system in which they are treated as financially expendable losses to society as a whole.

1 Like

looks up from eating a tasty :bear::sandwich:

I think the best bad guys are bears who tell lies because they make tasty sandwiches!

continues to eat his tasty :bear::sandwich: like a happy otter

1 Like

I got to see evil elmer twice

*happy dance

1 Like

Picture this:

What if instead of a straight adaption of Prince of Persia the Warrior Within and The Two Thrones we get Prince of Persia vs the Scorpion King?

Plot has the Prince of Persia release the sands then preform the Grand Rewind after the Scorpion King is killed.

The Scorpion King is forced to flee and start wars because the Dahaka is chasing him. He loses a war with Egyptians and is forced to head to the Island of Time and after saving Kaileena finds Persia conquered by the Vizier and the Egyptians and after having his forces driven off by the Vizier is forced to strike a bargain with Anubis setting the stage for The Mummy Returns.

After the Scorpion King’s Soul is taken by Anubis following the death of the Vizier his Body becomes the Dark Prince and fights the Prince of Persia for dominion over Persia in the final showdown!

Would that be a preferable Film Adaptation of The Warrior Within and The Two Thrones?

looks up at Surfy

But he’s evil and thinks otters are silly amd doesn’t eat tasty :bear::sandwich:!

continues to eat his tasty :bear::sandwich: and like a worried otter

1 Like

*ear scratch
*hug

Yeah, he’s a different sort of elmer :smiley:

1 Like

looks doubtful

I don’t know. He’s a meanie!

1 Like

This just proves we will never make first contact.

The little green men are unable to find any signs of intelligent life on earth .

1 Like

Yawns and looks around. “Is it time to take a trip down evil lane already?”

1 Like

1: Keaton
2: Bale
3 : Animated voice actor
4 : Adam West
5: Val Kilmer (reluctantly)

We don’t even count George Clooney

1 Like