GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 1)

well that was a wild night.
power outages across the state, trees down everywhere, our bins blew away :laughing:
all the rain made one of our retaining walls in the garden go saggy (hope it dries out before it caves in!)
it’s still crazy windy.
the top blew off my wishing well… i haven’t checked for other damage yet.
need to go have a shower after a hot sweaty night without my fan! :joy:

1 Like

/understanding hug

1 Like

i thought we weren’t supposed to get political but what ever

1 Like

good for you i guess Cyndilou and Horeton.

1 Like

K guess I’ll delete it

1 Like

Hello, I am a gnome.

3 Likes

hello and welcome!

2 Likes

1 Like

Something about that gif creeps me out

Im not sure why

1 Like

What ever happened to air conditioners??

Seems like the ones they make these days are wimpy or only make you feel “slightly cool”, they also break down fairly often :roll_eyes:

When I was a wee little kid (around late 90’s or so) I remember the AC’s they made back then were “strong” and actually made you feel COLD.

My dad had an older car from the 70’s, it had that out-dated refrigerant in it that is now apparently banned (for some reason?).

My goodness riding around in that gas-guzzling thing was such a pleasant experience, I would sit in the passenger seat and enjoy the ICE COLD AIR being blasted in my face during the summer :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just another item to add to the “they just don’t make em’ like they used to” pile :cry:

/rant over

“It was banned because they had trouble disposing of it. It was too toxic a fluid.”

So lame.

I hate how all the stuff that actually works gets “banned” :man_facepalming:

I believe something similar happened with the chemical that was excellent at killing bed bugs. It got banned and then there was a “sudden” resurgence of bed bugs :man_facepalming:

1 Like

“I’d rather have something that’s not gonna kill ME, along with the Bed Bugs. Sometimes you just gotta accept life instead.”

it looks like you live local to me… your hair blew off! :astonished:

3 Likes

My first car was a '56 Ford wagon. For air conditioning we would get a cold drink then pop the wind wings and get up to 45 miles per hour or better. Are wind wings still a thing?

This car with a short block 389 V8 drank with a Holly four barrel and got about 12 miles per gallon. It was very fortunate gas was only 17 cents a gallon when I was in high school. Fun times.

1 Like

Holley.
(i’ve spent way too much time around cars) :joy:

my first car was a Valiant Ranger wagon.
people moved out of my way :slight_smile:
…i think it drank more oil than fuel. :rofl:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1401935201761173506

Superman is getting a Japanese Restaurant Tour Manga!

A Man who can’t be hurt unless Kryptonite or a Mage is involved… Things might get interesting!

1 Like

(Lady Cyndi Lou wanders back in.)

(Lady Cyndi Lou falls asleep, in her huge Papasan Chair, in the Cookie Corner.)

pokes his head out of Surfy’s pocket

Is it safe? I was in my Hug A Gnome thread and some crazy Nelfy tried to Gnome-nap me! I was nice and declined because I live in Surfy’s pocket where I keep all my tasty :bear::sandwich: and my favorite blankie!

1 Like