Garrosh's character arc

Watching the Revendreth Trailer I cannot shake this itch that its ultimately irrelevant if any of the souls currently residing in that afterlife have been humbled enough to move on. I got the feeling that that Shadowlands has slowly been perverting its chosen function for quite some time, and the current drought has created a situation where they aren’t going to let any of their remaining sources of anima leave. They’ll drain them dry and then try to drain them just a little bit more.

These souls have been turned into Cattle.

7 Likes

Didn’t the belves got a seat among the Horde because of Sylvannas? She was pretty much the one that convinced Thrall to accept the Belves in.

2 Likes

I think that Sylvanas advocated for the Blood Elves joining the Horde, but it may have been a mix of both.

1 Like

Rather depends who ends up head of Revendreth after Manfred von carste-Sire Denathrius gets kicked out of his house.

It will probably be Kael’thas, if we are being honest. I feel like that is something that Blizzard would do.

He does remind me a lot of Manfred.

Most likely if resurrection is out of the question.

What about that fellow who was transcribing behind Denathrius?

He looked to have a traitorous look about him.

The vibe I got is that he was just some random servant who was disgusted with Denathrius’s blatant hypocrisy. I have not spent a great deal of time looking through what has been datamined, so I honestly could not tell you if they are supposed to be important or not.

Yeah, kinda both. From Wowpedia (which is basically a summary) :

Pleased with this turn of events, and confident that a major Scourge defeat in the Ghostlands would prove the sin’dorei’s power to their critics, Lor’themar sent a letter to Thrall in which he requested an equal seat with the rest of the Horde. With the strong endorsement of Sylvanas, and revealing to the Warchief that Silvermoon’s Grand Magister had received word back from Outland about what is hinted to of a clan of uncorrupted orcs, Thrall officially accepted the sin’dorei into the Horde.

2 Likes

I’m seeing all of this talk about Garrosh redeeming himself.

This implies he did anything wrong in the first place.

Him being in Ravendreth proves it.

2 Likes

I want to happy that Garrosh is being tortured, but now I just want him back.

He just needs to work on his racism, then he’ll be able to help make the Horde great again at killing Alliance.

4 Likes

Which will basically send him back to Ravendreth for it… hmmm…

1 Like

Honestly, I’m more aiming for AU Grommash once he’s had some torture time with the Light Fanatics. I’d love an actual Grom back, even if its the old knockoff of him, and I do think Geya’rah could use a little old-mentor support.

If we’re gonna bring back our resident “racist”, lets bring back Nazgrel and recreate the power squad of him, Rexxar, and Rokhan again. Get Thrall back to his WC3 roots here with death-Draka, give Eitrigg some love … boom! Solid MU “Orc” Squad.

2 Likes

Lord knows that Orc players could use something like this to return their pride, since now all they have is Geya’rah and mopey Thrall.

I think that the best thing Blizzard could do to fix this would be to start bringing orc characters who were previously in the background, like Aggra, Nazgrel, Drek’thar and Eitrigg, and start putting them into more prominent roles. Kinda like what you are suggesting.

You’d think that Aggra especially would get more screentime since she is Thrall’s wife, and mother of his children. Like sheesh.

2 Likes

Aggra is a bit of the Yoko Ono of the Horde at this point.

That being said, while Vol’jin’s current status is a bit murky and Baine is a bit of a limp noodle until he gets something to toughen him up … we have more WC3 legacies in Leadership positions now than we’ve had in ages. Rokhan is the leader of the Darkspear. Rexxar (I hope) is sticking around more permanently. Thrall is the Durotar Orc leader again. Gazlowe (the OG Gob) is Bilgewater lead. If they would just bring back Nazgrel, we WC3 Horde fans would be OK shape.

As for my AU Grom comment, its not a bad idea. His will of Iron all but means that if we ever get to deal with that honestly rather interesting Lightbound plot, he could come back. And if he comes back, he’ll have received plenty of punishment to shift him into the MU Horde and let him be Draka’s mentor. Giving a bit more weight to the AU Mag’har roster.

Well… Lei Shen believed he was right from his own point of view. He is arguably one of the most lawful evil characters in Warcraft. Whereas characters like Gul’dan were fully aware of their own evil, and didn’t care. At least MU Gul’dan was, they sort of got weird with AU Gul’dan by trying to imply he genuinely believed in the mission goal of the Legion and wasn’t just selfishly power hungry.

It seemed like with AU Gul’dan it was a sort of “the Burning Legion’s unstoppable anyway, so I’m with them” type of situation.

Plus unlike MU Gul’dan, who turned “traitor” once the possessed Medivh was out of the picture and unilaterally chased after personal power without caring to seek out his masters again (though notably Kil’jaeden didn’t seem to bother trying to reconnect either), AU Gul’dan was uniquely the first WoW villain to be outright portrayed (per the audio drama) as afraid of us, so he remained loyal to the Legion in part because he believed that only they could protect him from Azeroth’s heroes and make him powerful enough to survive our inevitable attempt to destroy him for what he did back on Draenor.

AU Gul’dan even resigned himself to the likelihood that the Legion had probably manipulated and betrayed his other self as readily as the other way around (despite Kil’jaeden’s claim otherwise), but figured if he made himself indispensable to their plans then they’d be inclined to keep him around, follow through on their promises and shield him against retribution from the enemies he’d made.

MU Gul’dan at the end was sort of high on the state of being uninhibited by his Legion benefactors directing his overall schemes, while AU Gul’dan was more trapped in a desperate situation, since he’d basically been railroaded by his own lust for power into a circumstance where even if he won and got his power he’d be forever controlled by the Burning Legion, but by that point the alternative was death at either their hands or the hands of their (and his) enemies if he tried to sever ties and pursue his own agenda as his MU self had.

That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have done and acted just as his other self did if given the opportunity. He just had far fewer options than the first Gul’dan did. Which makes sense; the Legion’s plans on AU Draenor were markedly shaped by efforts to more tightly control their pawns and eliminate situations that upended things the first time around like MU Gul’dan going rogue and MU Ner’zhul undermining the blood curse enthralling all of the orcs by warning the Frostwolves against it.

2 Likes

(Query): Shouldn’t the MU Grom be in Maldraxxus?

I think the throw-away cameo is more likely. If only because the narrative spot in question is already being more or less filled by Kael’thas.

1 Like