Garrosh skip Disconnect

Not sure if I’m the only, but I tried without any addons and it still happens.

Using the skip to Garrosh at the start of SoO disconnects me, upon logging in I am at the correct spot to fight him though.

29 Likes

Happening to me every time I use the skip. Very minor inconvenience, but really wish they’d look into it.

13 Likes

Yeah 30 seconds is way better than the old run but still

9 Likes

I’m having this same problem when skipping to Garrosh

6 Likes

Same issue here, on both Heroic and Mythic

6 Likes

it’s happening for me too, and also to my guildies that I’ve talked to.

4 Likes

Happening here. I’ve also had an issue on one toon, where it seems as though using the skip scroll changed it from Mythic to Normal, and I didn’t realize until after I killed Garrosh. I’ve also had, on various alts, the raid portal itself doesn’t reflect Mythic difficulty - either no skull, or only two blue orbs as in 10man.

On a slightly related/unrelated note, I’ve noticed Rarity addon is no longer tracking attempts for the mount. It’ll keep counting attempts for the custom tracking of Tusks of Mannoroth, and the mount is still listed in Rarity, but I have to manually increase the number of attempts on it each time.

EDIT: Was just running on my Evoker, and I hit phase 4, and as soon as the stun wore off, I started running towards Garrosh, and he poofed, and it ported me back to his room and he reset. Second time I was able to kill him without issue, though.

EDIT 2: Noticed today, wasn’t doing this yesterday, there isn’t always a chat confirmation when you change raid difficulty. I double check after I enter, and it is properly set. How the raid entrance visually appears is still inconsistent though.

4 Likes

I am having this exact same issue, I’ve done it about 5 times since the skip release and have gotten DCed every time. Hopefully they fix it

2 Likes

Yeah, have had the same issue. Ran it on my warrior and my paladin, and both times I got disconnected attempting to use the scroll. Thankfully I was at the boss both times when I logged back in, but it’s at least mildly annoying.

2 Likes

Same situation for me. Click scroll then golden animation plays then disconnect. Reconnect and I’m in the boss room. Happens on every character, with or without addons.

4 Likes

Doing this to me too

2 Likes

Also I can’t leave Normal SoO, walking through the portal does nothing.

So I literally have to hearth all the way to valdrakken just because I made the mistake of not setting it to mythic before walking in

2 Likes

Most likely wont be fixed until reset I would bet. and Yes as of 2 minutes ago It does disconnect

2 Likes

That stinks, I know it’s too late but next time try starting a custom group in geoip find and then leaving group even though you’re alone it should give you the option if you right click your portrait.

Then 60 seconds later it will port you to the nearest graveyard

3 Likes

also getting this issue

2 Likes

same here - no matter what server or what class, do i have enables addons or not i’m getting dc after skip activation.

i understand that even with dc it is better than full run but i’d like to see fix

2 Likes

Yup, it’s only a minor inconvenience but doing it on multiple toons on multiple difficulties it certainly becomes annoying.

Plus with the recent issues logging in isn’t always such a sure thing.

1 Like

This bug still exists, it appears it was not fixed with this week’s maintenance.

Side note- I’m not sure if it was interacting this way last week, but the scroll is actually attackable and killable. I Heroic Leaped onto it and it put me in combat. I got curious so I tried a Thunder Clap and then it died to bleeds… Combat Log said “You killed Scroll of Heroic Deeds.” Had to zone out and reset the instance for it to show back up. Obviously not working fully as intended and I would imagine that the scroll being attackable is contributing to the DC issues?

4 Likes

Same issue with me. I can reconnect and be at Garrosh, but dc when I click the scroll to do the skip. Just a very annoying bug.

2 Likes

same here on all my toons that can use the skip. a bit annoying. reminds me of nighthold where it would boot you if you died jumping of gul’dans towner to reset the raid (thx god for slow falling abilities and the black umbrella from sl)

also a heads up, you can skip the rp the boss dose, just open the door behind you and pull a slime to the boss and kill said slime ontop of him. it will make him despawn. when he re spawns he will attackable. the respawning takes less time then the rp

4 Likes