Garrison Building Won't Upgrade - Says I Don't Have Blueprints / Plans

This isn’t going to get fixed. Its been 2 years for sure. I’ve tried all of this and nothing works.
Still an issue and I have to say it/hate to say it…part of the bigger picture issue with the game currently.

Stuff just doesnt get addressed.

Sigh…maybe Ill log in one day and it will magically fix itself! Can’t upgrade the Mines to level 3 despite knowing the plans.

This just worked for me, thank you!

Ironically one of mine was upgradable after a reset. Not sure how many weeks it had been since I tried again but it did work.

Thank you very much for posting this. Your steps solved my exact same issue.

Worked when all else didn’t… Thank you! On behalf of my now Lvl 3 Trading Post!

Incredibly bizarre that the language change fixed the issue, but alas… as of Aug. 14, 2022 this still works.

If they would just make these plans account bound and check for owned anywhere for its approval to upgrade, this wouldnt be an issue anymore. This expansion is ancient now, let people have a good time with it without the old harassment gatekeeping on every character. -.-

Just here to point out, in Oct 2022 this issue still exists. The suggested fix that worked for me was flying away and reloading. Not too severe but annoying all things considered.

Edit: I did attempt to upgrade immediately after logging in and completing a replacement of a former building. (Swapped the PVP building to the lunarfall inn for more collection nonesense)

1 Like

This is what worked for me, thank you!

Just to chime in, the flying away and reloading didn’t work for me. However, the changing languages to espanol then back to english did get them to work for me.

@Skrigity

I had my doubts but was like wtf, lets try it. Worked like a charm. Thanks!

March 2023 and this solution is still 100% spot on. Thank you!

Came across this issue myself today, and tried all kinds of things, and the only thing that worked was flying from my garrison all the way to Path of the Light, then returning to my garrison on the flight path. I didn’t need to use /reload, but flying out a good distance and then returning worked.

This is what worked for me, thank you!

I CANNOT believe this is STILL happening! Actually it is the first time it has happened to me and I’ve been building/upgrading my various garrisons for years. The reply suggesting going into the proving grounds instance and then returning worked for me. THANK YOU!

This happened to me for the first time this last weekend, I will have to try some of the suggestions here.

I thought it was because I somehow learned the tier 3 pattern without learning the Tier 2 pattern. The game shows I already know the Tier 1 and 3 patterns, but the tool tip for the Tier 2 building doesn’t show that I already know it, yet when I try to learn it it says I do, yet I cant upgrade to Tier 2.

Very annoying.

Today is December 9, 2023. I was unable to upgrade my Tailoring and Enchanting lots to level 3. Even though I knew the blueprints, I kept getting a message saying I didn’t. Then when I would try to buy them and click on them, it said I already knew the blueprints.

I logged out of that first character, then logged in with a second character, then logged out the second char and back in as the first one again. This allowed me to complete the upgrades.

Having got a level 3 garrison on over 30 characters *(1), the way I’ve found to avoid this bug is do NOT learn the Level 2 and Level 3 plans at the same time.

By all means buy them, but keep the Level 3 plans in your bag until you’ve finished building the Level 2 shack.

*1 I like having my little home away from home to return to with post-box, bank, void storage and Guild Bank all in easy reach!

Crazy issue. I had same issue. Tried the character un-stuck and the language fix. Neither worked. Surprisingly, flying away, /reload, flying back worked.

Still a problem all these years later in 10.2.0. As others have said, flying half a zone away and doing a /reload usually fixes it. Or, in my case, I can log in on my wife’s computer and upgrade my buildings… so it definitely seems like a client-side issue. My best guess is that the current garrison state is cached somewhere in the local game files and the various fixes (like changing language or waiting for the weekly reset) forces that state to refresh.

I’m currently doing the new Garrison on 3 toons and one of them had this issue. I did the character stuck feature and it worked right away.