Garithos still not acknowledged in WoW

Out of all the hero characters from WC3, he’s the only one I remember still not mentioned in WoW (the other being Naisha, but her role was more minor)

Shadowlands could have been an opportunity to reintroduce him, as he’s the very first one who pushed Kael’thas to the dark path, and he led most atrocities at the Blood Elves in the ruins of Dalaran

Garithos is so popular that up to this day he’s still talked about and memes about him pop up on several platforms, but still no mention of him even from the survivors of Lordaeron, if I am not mistaken

Is it because he’s considered racist??? A smudge on the humans’ reputation that should be hidden???

4 Likes

He was mentioned in the Exploring the Eastern Kingdoms book. The reason he isn’t mentioned much is because in the grand scheme of things he was a minor character in WoW story. I expect he will be present in Sylvanas’ book.

5 Likes

Case closed. But still I see his role in wc3 bigger than that of Baine or Vol’jin

Naisha was mentioned in Burning Crusade during the Illidan boss fight.

I don’t know why Garithos isn’t mentioned. Some people have theorized that Kael’s torturer Darithos in Revendreth is Garithos, but I personally don’t think so because I think Garithos himself would be undergoing penance, like Kael, for his own crimes.

7 Likes

Because in general he’s just not important. He’s a minor antagonist to the Blood Elves, a minor ally/antagonist to the Forsaken, and then he dies and that’s about it. He just doesn’t do enough. He’s not acknowledged for the same reason Gavinrad the Dire isn’t.

In the grand scheme of things, the Blood Elves and Forsaken recall the actions of Garithos simply as being the actions of the Alliance.

2 Likes

And I find it weird

1 Like

He’s not much different from any other Paladin. He’s not noteworthy enough to be acknowledged.

Sure - but he also died before the end of WC 3, while Baine and Voljin did not. So it makes sense his story ends, while theirs continues.

That should go without saying.

1 Like

Baine story continues… sitting in Oribos and waiting for the next patch.
Garithos it’s not mentioned just because someone maybe forgot about him.
I think there was a really great opportunity to see many characters (already dead and alive)in Shadowlands…
Anasterian , Lirath ( not sure for that name ) Tirion , Varian … Anduin’s mother , Rhonin , Corialstraz , Malygos , and so on …

I mean it was everything about Sylvanas … The three sisters … Vereesa and Alleria … where are they .?

4 Likes

I would have loved it if the Lord Chamberlain turned out to be Garithos, but it’s also possible that High Torturer Darithos is him. It’s also possible Denathrius created Darithos to make Kael’thas angry.

1 Like

Unlike gameplay in which paladins always competed in the top 3 of the most common classes, inlore they are quite rare, it’s not just any fish seller who can become a paladin, the original Silver Hand order only had 12. In fact, from a statistical point of view they are the class with the greatest celebrity potential inlore, and that is indisputable.

Garithos was a pretty significant character in Warcraft. I’m pretty sure he was in charge of the Alliance during Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne; which by itself would make him more than a minor character.

3 Likes

I like to think that Garithos has become a Venthyr, with two possible options for his inclusion in Shadowlands.

1.) Kael’s final act of penance and completion of his Venthyr atonement process would see him informed of it, to see if he could judge the Venthyr before him, rather than the human he had been in life.

2.) Kael’thas either leads or is apart of a strike team against a group of Jailer/Denathrius Venthyr loyalists and Garithos is revealed to be in command/amongst them, and thus Kael personally gets vengeance on the man.

While Garithos didn’t lead the Alliance, as a result of the Scourge Invasion the Grand Marshal ended up becoming highest-ranking survivor of Lordaeron’s military, which is why Quel’thalas and Ironforge sent their forces directly to him.

Interestingly enough the the Silver Hand was still in operation in Lordaeron and a force of them later witnessed the Forsaken moving in and claiming the capitol as their own. It’s unknown if the Silver Hand had any connection or contact with Garithos’ forces before his death and their split into the Argent Dawn and Scarlet Crusade.

1 Like

I have a feeling Vereesa will be relevant somehow when we deal with Sylvanas

1 Like

Because the people writing the story now are not the folks who were writing things back in the day and apparently they weren’t told to include him in any specific way.

2 Likes

I think Blizzard assumes not enough people know who Garithos is so they haven’t included him, along with several other characters who haven’t had more screen time

They could easily explain who he is in the game, if they haven’t already.

1 Like

Denathrius’s torture isn’t to make the Souls good it’s to make the Souls obey while getting as much Anima as possible!

He only needed to torture Garithos until he licked Denathrius’s Hooves and agreed to torture the pompous Elf who sees himself as a King!

Garithos doesn’t brag about his greatness(unlike Kael’thas and Garrosh) and his primary crime is Wrath and Contempt of other Races!

Considering how easily the Nathrezim were able to dominate Garithos it should be easy to torture Garithos into submission so that Denathrius can make him a Jailer named Darithos.

4 Likes

We don’t know the story behind those Revendreth Jailers. They look like the Jailer demons in the Burning Legion. It’s possible that they’re another of Denathrius’ creations, and some of them joined the Legion to manipulate it, like the Nathrezim did.

1 Like

I personally like the idea that they are Souls converted into a Special Minion that has the majority of them shipped to Nathreza for conversion into Demonhood while a small minority torture the Prisoners for pleasure.

The type of Souls used to create the Jailers would be the most sadistic of Souls that are capable of seeking repentance. The only flaw that needs to be removed would naturally be Wrath, Pride, Avarice, Desire and Envy as they get in the way of serving Denathrius despite their Sadism.

1 Like