Gann Stonespire

Stumbled upon a funny picture while searching for info on his fate after his cata quest line. Since I cannot post links : He’s basically sitting down wounded, wondering why the explorer’s league are getting two Heartstone expansions in which they are treated like heroes after wiping out his tribe and everyone he loved. Thought it was funny and somewhat relevant to the current feeling about Horde writing in this game.

Regardless, as I recall he’s left sitting in the shade, unresponsive, at the end. It’s not clear that he died but one could arguably infer that he did. Going from there, where would you put him in the Shadowlands ?

I’d love to say Maldraxxus but our big friend was motivated by vengeance rather than duty at that point. So I would assume he’d end up under the Ventyr’s care in Revendreth. ( and then Maldraxxus)

Which other obscure dead quest npc do you remember and where would you dispatch them were you the Arbiter ? :slight_smile:

He literally dies at the end of his Quest chain, in which afterwards you retrieve the bullet and deliver it to his next of kin.

The Ventyr don’t actually look that unfavorably on Vengeance as a sin when it’s justified. And he MIGHT end up in Maldraxxus based on his personality but I doubt it.

Does he? I admit it’s been a while and all I remember is that his head is lolling to the side and he’s non responsive. Huh, guess memory failed me there, thanks.

Gann Stonespire might’ve been driven by vengeance, but he wasn’t particularly afflicted with the sort of Sins that Revendreth deals with; Greed, Gluttony, Pride, etc… Pride is the really big one, and Gann was not exactly hindered by a sense of pride. He didn’t try to clear out the dwarves on his own, and even the smallest measure of vengeance would give him some satisfaction.

That said, I don’t think he would’ve fit into Maldraxxus either. Nothing about him suggests he was any great warrior or driven by ambition.

I would hope he ends up in the same afterlife as the rest of his tribe, among the other Tauren, reunited at last with those he loved and lost.

10 Likes

Very good points, hopefully there’s a special corner of the afterlife where ordinary Tauren go that is great golden grass plains, forests and rivers bathed in sunlight.

2 Likes

Obligatory mention for Forward Commander Onslaught (Forsaken Forward Command). He would be in Maldraxus in a durable construct body to withstand the punishment he’s likely to put it through.

1 Like

Explorer’s league championed wiping out the Frostwolves in AV as well.

Not a big fan of Blizzard championing 19th century British style imperialism.

6 Likes

It’s just a story, not a statement.

2 Likes

tfw aliens attempt to exterminate your people and you defeat them but now you have to let them live on your land

1 Like

Wasn’t Dwarven land at all lmao.

Also they did the same thing to the Tauren, who are 100% native to Azeroth. They’re just evil little sadists.

3 Likes

I’ll defend AV but massacring the Tauren in the Barrens was 110% a dick move. Kick the crap out of the league to your hearts content for that one.

1 Like

Wasnt Horde land either. If anything AV is Alliance land and the orcs were squatting in it.

1 Like

Lord Perenolde would dispute the idea of the Kingdom of Alterac belonging in the Alliance…

He’s suffering from a bad case of Dead right now and his Kingdom is more or less defunct so I don’t think his opinion means too much now.

Still HUMAN land. Didn’t belong to the Orcs any more then it belonged to the Dwarves.

1 Like

I want more tauren lore and Gann would a good step to give a stern talk to Baine and to shake his priorities about his personal life which is

Anduin>All currently

Except when it happens to the Night Elves, than y’all loose your damn mind

7 Likes

Well, it WAS 70% of the story of BfA so it was kind of both

It was kind of no-one land by the time the Orcs settled there. Outside of Lordaeron now with Calia’s death, Alterac is the other definitively dead human nation. Those citizens of Alterac also aren’t likely going to get aid from other nations due to the specifics of the downfall of their own. With their whole betrayal of Alliance of Lordaeron and actually siding with the Orcs.

Long story short, Alterac was up for grabs post the second war; and since the Frostwolves are the first to actually settle that region (rather than trying to dig up Titan Artifacts like the Dwarves) … its the Orc’s.

1 Like

Alterac isn’t dead. I mean, what’s left of them is STILL in Alterac Mountains, fighting off anyone they see as a threat because the Syndicate (as the people of Alterac) never actually left the region. They still have a Claim to it (of sorts) and the only reason the orcs could move in and take it is because they don’t have the power to hold their land. So… The Orcs are the Colonizers in this regard.

Of course, another way to look at it is that Ownership of Alterac is belongs to Lordearon as the victors of the second war. But whether they still hold that right in undeath or if it reverts back to it’s original residents (The Syndicate) is another legal conundrum.