"Gaming" Personality test

Stumbled on this and while i’m not the first person to usually cash on these or spam my facebook wall with them, i do think the psychological aspect of gaming is pretty interesting.

Its a test that basically just allows you to pinpoint what you like to do in games and how and it felt pretty accurate to me.

Also explains why i hate meta-gaming and systems that encourage it as i’m both competitive and expressive, so i like winning doing things my way, figuring things out for myself and not just blindly follow an Icyvein article.

https://quantic.page.link/7zEirn1cpX1fSJYJ9

Landed Gladiator/Architect

" Calm, Proficient, Driven, Social, Deeply Immersed, and Expressive"

Could be worth looking into for other people feeling a bit loss about why the game (or games in general) doesn’t seem to feel right for them anymore

Its not perfect as it does suggest that i should enjoy games like Civilization, which i never did.

1 Like

Pff, I don’t need tests to know what kinda games on like

I like games that pet me go like pshwooo baoinng bzip bzip schrewwwwww kablooom

6 Likes

Meh, i don’t disagree.

But it puts words on some feelings, at least it did for me.

1 Like

"Gamer Type Mottos:

Bounty Hunter: “High-Octane, Solo World Exploration.”

Bard: “Playing a Part in a Grand Story.”

Your primary (dominant) player type is the Bounty Hunter, but you also lean towards a secondary player type, the Bard.

Bounty Hunters are solo, action-oriented explorers who want game worlds that they can make their own through customization and discovery. They also enjoy power progression and unleashing mayhem.

Bards are team players who want to chat and interact with other players in game worlds that are rich with lore, stories, discovery, and customization. For them, the game is a grand story that emerges from a community of players."

Sounds about right.

Slayer/Bard - interesting article, but didn’t tell me much that I didn’t know.

What’s interesting here, imo, is SL is constantly flight or fight based. It constantly or perhaps consistently triggers the hormones that can make it unpleasant. Which in turn causes anger - which I think has been causing a lot of players reason for not liking it. Despite thinking it’s the surface issues, which in some cases are true enough that is causing their mass exodus.

Also, there’s the bad timing of being housebound and instead of the escape to another place we are in a dark, death storyline.

I think these really play out in how we feel or interact in game despite our play style.

1 Like

Pft! Kablooom is so 1990’s, all the cool kids are playing games that kablamooo!

I lulzed

6 Likes

Hahaha I’m dead, it recommended Roblox to me. I feel like Ralph Wiggum.

I’ll take this again and read carefully and update if I’m still Ralph Wiggum.

I am a Ninja / Skirmisher apparently.
I like to blow things up, and lots of blood and gore.
I don’t remember the rest of those questions.

1 Like

Its 2021, if you don’t put that in a survey you get cancelled, just ignore it.

Literally just filled a governmental census today as well (one i’m forced by law to answer), guess what, it was there.

3 Likes

Bard/Bounty hunter here… I do love me some mayhem…

2 Likes

Other:

6 Likes

I, too, am a Bard/Bounty Hunter!

Spontaneous, Completionist, Deeply Immersed, and Creative

It also recommended World of Warcraft to me, so I guess that’s why I’m so happy here. I’m exactly where I should be. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know who Ralph Wiggum is, but Roblox is actually a lot of fun! I was very surprised by how much fun I have when I play with my gf’s kids. lol

It recommended Deus Ex and MGS to me which I liked so yea not too far off the mark.

1 Like

Yeah, makes sense they’re the 2 that fits the most with WoW’s general interest.

Got Gladiator/Architect, which explains why i used to be huge into PvP and like build theorycrafting (and why my interest for the game dropped as both of these aspects were steadily ruined by both Blizzard and the community), while i imagine you’re more interested in open world exploration or the social aspect of the game.

I would suggest using the ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ method to measure how you play the came. If you identify as the fat German kid who loves chocolate, then you consume too much too fast. If you identify as Veruca Salt, you have some issues to solve…you get the point.

1 Like

Your primary (dominant) player type is the Bounty Hunter, but you also lean towards a secondary player type, the Acrobat.

Bounty Hunters are solo, action-oriented explorers who want game worlds that they can make their own through customization and discovery. They also enjoy power progression and unleashing mayhem.

Acrobats are solo gamers who primarily want to take on challenging gameplay and they want to practice over and over again until they can take on the most difficult missions and bosses in the game.

Your Gamer Motivation Profile :

Spontaneous, Independent, Grounded, and Creative

Ralph is a not so bright kid from the Simsoms. I am putting that lightly as he tends to eat paste and stay on a buss where the driver is drunk and out of control only to laugh.

2 Likes

Ooooh… is he the “chuckles I’m in danger!” guy?

1 Like