Games going to die next year

Yeah,until the day I can’t even log in,then I’ll believe it is dead.

1 Like

said she will use her undead tickles to raise the dead

What else is that crystal ball telling you?

WoW will not die. Everquest
 yes the original Everquest just launched another expansion this week. That make 28 expansions. In a game that for all intents and purposes WoW killed. The IP has changed hands a few times. But there are still enough players to warrant new expansions.

Could a new, well made, well produced, well funded game put WoW in a similar state? Of course. The same can be said for Final Fantasy. They are both old games, that are the two pillars of the MMO world.

I really want to see more of Riot’s new MMO. That company has a lot of potential to put out the next big MMO. And they are doing so with an extremely popular IP. Only time will tell on that one.

What I can say, is that IMO the Warcraft team is probably not going to make a sequel to WoW. The smart thing would be to not start developing their next MMO (If they actually decide to make one), till after Riot’s MMO launches and only if its a success.

I know many will disagree and say “They have to compete with Riot’s MMO. The need to launch one at the same time.” No. So much NO there. The only thing that would cause is a dilution of players. You dont want to launch a MMO directly with other MMO’s launching at similar times. Because the population of MMO players will usually gravitate to one game, that has the majority of players, because they want to play with the most people.

I would develop some well made, stand alone games with the new IP or direction now. Start building the history of their next MMO.

By beginning development of their MMO after Riot’s MMO launches. They are allowing, if anything that game to succeed. They will go through their 3-4 year development cycle learning a lot of lessons from Riot’s game. How it works in the new modern gaming landscape. Then after 4 years or so, the Hype of the Riot’s game will have settled. Unless they keep a steady and regular content pipeline rolling, they will start to plateau. Then the market will be more receptive to a new MMO as people would be in a better spot to take a break.

I think that is the reason if Riot’s game is really well done, that it could do to WoW, what WoW, did to Everquest and the other MMO’s at that time. People are ready for the next big thing right now.

I remember people saying that wotlk was going to bring about the end and that the game had peaked (in tbc :laughing:)

The prophecy has been spoken.

1 Like

Eh,

I give wow until 2023 or early 2024 to buck up or decline.

Ashes of creation will be a big pull

But like others have said, wow won’t be dead, just won’t be competing for top three unless they can keep up the momentum with the great reset in df and get some hype with 11.0

Yeah, just like New World. :melting_face:

2 Likes

WoW will only end in one of two ways:

1: When it stops being profitable.
2: The power goes off and never comes back on.

1 Like

Bookmark this and pop back afterwards.

Two completely different games

I’m sure it’ll be a complete gamechanger, just like the dozens of others.

2 Likes

If SL didnt kill wow i dont think anything will really

1 Like

why do you think it is ending

SL didn’t kill wow, it’s impossible for it to get worse at this point

Unless riot mmo comes out next year or something

Sims 4
 I think it may have a few more years. I haven’t heard anything else on Sims 5 of if they’re even going to make one.

14 - It’s far from dying at the moment and I highly doubt it’s going to go anywhere for a long time, especially since they’ll be starting an entirely new storyline after the current one finished wrapping up last xpac.

None of the others I play, so no opinions on the matter.

What you mean lol ? DF is coming out didnt you hear

1 Like

in the immortal words of the large father: THE LEGEND NEVER DIES.