Games going to die next year

If I at least try to be enthralled by your unfounded declaration will I get an achievement?

3 Likes

Considering Dragonflight is releasing probably in December, next year will be early days during Dragonflight. So tell me, will it die before patch 10.1 arrives, or after?

Can’t wait to see the going away party you’ve decided to throw. Should be a blast.

4 Likes

Warp Drive Active

3 Likes

one time I mined for a month and built an entire Dreadnaught by myself.

3 Likes

Those are great moments.

I snuck into Amarr space through a highly guarded gate where there were dozens of destroyed ships - this was with a week of play time.

3 Likes

i died on a gate.

within a week of play time.

3 Likes

People have been saying since 2005 that the game was going to end in 2023? Interesting

3 Likes

the end of wow is when ion makes a good idea for the first time as director

2 Likes

i’m just curious to see if there is a mass unsub 2 to 3 months in if so the game feels pretty dead like SL has all expansion.

2 Likes

Based on what I’ve heard, Daneuser has killed the story, once again; so I’ll give you that.

2 Likes

You know, the last person who claimed a game is gonna die next year, didn’t really happen. Maybe back up with some data next time?

2 Likes

If it launches without fixing the plethora of talent tree issues* than very likely yes.

Wow has had 3 bad expansions out of the last 4, 4/4 if you didnt like legion. This game cannot afford another bad expansion. Now is the time for blizz to listen to its players, not next year and say “we could have done better”, NOW.

3 Likes

“Loved” ones

2 Likes

Take your shots everyone. Bingo boards and kegs are over there

2 Likes

he said he wants to set up a library in WOW and read the books for years

2 Likes

Yes, it will be the

“Nasgrim pessimistic achievement”

Or

“Doom sayer 2004”

:smirk:

1 Like

Candy Crush is.

2 Likes

And Call of Duty.

2 Likes

Exactly. I’ve heard it nonstop since I started in 07

2 Likes

MMORPG’s don’t die anymore.
They go into maintenance mode, get slow updates with a massively decreased scale or frequency, or get resold to a third party who turns the game into a cash shop.

WoW will eventually turn into one of those.
So will FF14.
etc etc

It’s their ultimate fate, and it is inevitable.
The real question is how long do they have.

Things that are becoming normalized are UE5 and the ability to do 100+ v100+ combat on a server without lag. It’s going to be difficult for any extant MMO to compete when the next gen wave hits. Will they die? No. But they do have a lifecycle.

So, we’ll see where we are in a couple years.

2 Likes