Gamers’ Choice Awards Nomination

I voted for No Man’s Sky. Launched a total loser, have spent massive amounts of time and effort turning the game into a winner. Listen to their players, responsive. No Man’s Sky rocks now, and gets better with each new patch.

The exact opposite of WoW/Blizzard.

6 Likes

That’s exactly what I said in this thread days ago.

The magic a small team with no ego can accomplish, eh? The stuff that becomes possible when money and greed are not the only two motivations a company has, like Blizzard.

2 Likes

I will say this, i may be disappointed in the direction of BFA and pissed at the sometimes attitude of Blizzard WoW team as a whole, but the fact that the OST of Battle for Azeroth wasnt nominated is just bull crap!

Whole heartedly agree, WoW usage as “Opioid Substitution Treatment” has done wonders for both myself, and my family. Who would have thought that exchanging one addiction to another addiction could be so beneficial to one’s health!

1 Like

i know youre joking =D
however the soundtracks and cinematics are always beyond amazing and gorgeous

1 Like

If the folks at Wow/Blizzard had ANY integrity, they would have pulled their name out of the hat. BFA is a rushed product that launched in a rotten state and everyone knows it. 8.1 is the real launch of this expansion where we finally get to see what island expeditions and warfronts could be (maybe good or maybe not, but at least in some decent state of polish).

4 Likes

I hate saying this, but it would be to not vote for this group’s interpretation of wow.

3 Likes

So, is anyone going to mention that WoW got pulled from the nominations? or that the MMO category got completely removed?

3 Likes

:grin:
They absolutely are.
I still remember the trailer for WotLK, with the ship coming through the fjords to the Alliance town. The music just gave so much atmosphere, it was everything I wanted for an MMO.

2 Likes

I honestly want to know what happened because i did sign up and vote and now they have completely removed a genre from the awards wtf happened?

yea what happened to best con, and i think a few others

1 Like

No idea, why bother even have voting polls if they are just going to pull stuff from the award show.

I am sure they realized they already have the category for these continuously updated games and multiplayer so why bother having one for specifically a genre that really has nothing new other than expansions. Award shows like this are for primarily new stuff not just expansions for a handful of tired old games.

Lets face it, the MMORPG genre isn’t exciting anymore.

waste of time, and i would cetainly not vote for WoW

4 Likes

I voted for them despite some of the issues with BFA atm, simply because the competitors are all worse by far. They are definitely not paying people to vote for an award that doesn’t even matter… lol. The people who are voting for mmo’s they don’t even like just to spite wow are the ones being dishonest.

1 Like

I have never tried FF, maybe I should. I played NWO for awhile but that got kind of stale fast, so I need a lot to do in a game to stay interested.

Edit: On a whim, I downloaded and installed it. Wow, that character creation. I am gonna give it a whirl.

Double Edit: Thanks for the tip. I’ve been having a blast and bought the full game tonight.

5 Likes

Congratulations Blizzard!

1 Like

It had better be a participation trophy you get. the thought of BFA winning any form of praise is sickening.

5 Likes

The unjustified hate it’s getting is sickening.

What about the art team? The music? This game has plenty of reasons to get praise in specific areas. Hell, the cut scenes are among the best in this franchise.

… but it’s BFA so Waaaaa.

5 Likes

I went and voted for WoW. It’s still my favourite game and it’s where I met my wife, so I feel I can take a few minutes to do this for Blizz. However that being said, this expansion has really hurt my guild. My raid team probably isn’t going to get our AotC achieves as a guild for Uldir, breaking a streak for us (we’re older players mostly and it’s been hard to get a consistent group together to raid, especially since the expansion release timing seemed to throw us off as well), and membership attendance is way down, lucky if we see a day where 10 of us are online at the same time. Many of my guild seem to just not be interested in BFA. So yeah, I voted for WoW out of loyalty, but it wasn’t an easy decision.

3 Likes