Gamer dad needs that RDF

Yes, incredibly easy. Especially with the Looking for Dungeon tool, which defeats the purpose for the common criticism of having to chat spam.

Imagine that!

Wrath is not starting with RDF (for good reason), but it is coming with the tools to easily form groups.

LFR is one of the worst addition to the game, it completely ruined the raiding experience for many people and invalidated the previous patch content (well, multiple difficulties did). It should have been a story mode with a chest at the end that you do ONCE to experience the story.

I think what people don’t understand is pugging is the worst way you can experience WOW most of the time, and removing matchmaking tools is a way to try to make people add friends to their list and build groups themselves with people they already played before or guild mates.

Don’t get me wrong, I miss LFD a lot when doing dungeons nobody does like I tried today to find a group for Sunken Temple without any luck. I believe LFD should exist for leveling dungeons, but for the hardest mode, you shouldn’t want to do it with people you don’t know.

Granted they are not mythic dungeons and from what I experienced on the beta, you sneeze and bossed die, but I think that is their point.

But anyways, if it’s anything like TBC, people will raid log and outside of the week-ends, nobody will run dungeons. I’m curious what the changes Blizzard will do to keep them relevant.

Having flashbacks of Allen Iverson here. Had to rewatch that presser on youtube. Still hits just like the first time.

Hilarity aside, I agree with OP. RDF was a lovely way for us filthy casual dad-bods to enjoy the dungeons, snag some pre-bis, and earn a couple badges.

And I’m laughing in Iverson at Blizzard’s notion of protecting community by withholding RDF. The LFG channel isn’t being removed. When did having options become bad?

And frankly, the vitriol exhibited on these forums from those on both sides of this (and nearly every other) issue speaks for itself in regards to the state of this community.

I think they’ll add it back eventually anyway. Iirc, I can get gear and even (some real slow) xp in Wrath just by running BGs which I enjoy. The queues for which i can conveniently join from anywhere and be teleported to and then back from the BG when it pops. Geez, if only there were a similar system for running dungeons.

TLDR: Iverson funny, RDF good, Blizzard bad

3 Likes

Na the people who don’t want it are the minority. A very small minority. Heard they have small hands as well.

1 Like

Patch 3.3.5 is the patch Wrath Classic will be running on. It should be in the game at launch based on that alone.

4 Likes

Oh, I do. I thought I made that clear.

1 Like

Yeah, Toxic “gatekeeping” so prevalent already in Classic, right?
(you do realize that the tool in retail is just a UI enhancement for the LFG we have in TBC right?)

RDF was toxic.
You didn’t need to care about your group because odds were you wouldn’t see them again.
so feel free to:
Be toxic AF to them (Odds are 2 of the DPS are watching netflix on a second screen so you’re probably not getting vote booted…)
Ninja the loot (what are they gonna do about it?)

Wrath doesn’t have M+, and it has some of the best class balance WoW has ever had- I’m genuinely not concerned about not getting into a group or forming a group…

1 Like

but i’m a duelist…

1 Like

Nah it was great. See, you can pull that nonsense with some posters because they didn’t play back then. But it doesn’t work on me. I know better.

And whatever toxicity you might have experienced if you started in Cata and later means nothing. It was an outstanding system in Wrath. Dungeon finder works exceptionally well for Wrath dungeons specifically.

The closest thing to toxicity I experienced was a handful of times people would randomly go afk. For all I know they had a stroke. But no big deal…kick, requeue and move on. Without dungeon finder your group falls apart.

What’s going on in TBCC is infinitely more toxic. Players can’t even get into groups. The gatekeeping will be even worse in Wrath. It’s just a complete and utter waste of time forming these business groups. Then flying afk to a dungeon or waiting to be summoned.

All dungeon finder does is trim away pointless, tedious, toxic wastes of time. The actual group content that matters, where players actually interact, is untouched. It’s just a lot simpler to get to, which means a lot more opportunities to meet people and forge social bonds. That’s kind of important in an mmorpg.

2 Likes

When I was a tank in reg wrath with dungeon finder, I would just stop if a dps emoted something I didn’t like and wait.

One is? Because from what you’re saying, 5-mans are on par with LFR, and function the same way with Dungeon Finder.

I’d prefer if that were not the case. That’s just my opinion.

honest question here. How or why would you detest RDF? It is not anything you must use, it is merely a tool to use if you chose to. So if it were implemented there is no one forcing you to use it. You can still group up manually. I don’t understand how it bothers you when it is 100% optional.

I played in Wrath too (started right at the end of TBC) and I didn’t play Cata until it was pretty much over… so my Dungeon Finder experience is… from Wrath.

So take this “But it doesn’t work on me. I know better.” line, and set it in the trash can.

Players can’t get into groups because people are still largely using LFG chat (since the LFG tool isn’t much of an improvement) and because tanks are more scarce… (a fact which is about to change with the DK spam.)
Also: Whereas TBC was more balanced than Classic by a far margin, Wrath is more balanced than TBC, also by a far margin…so getting excluded based on class/spec is less likely than anywhere else.

There’s no excuse to use RDF until we see what the GF tool they’re bringing does for the community.

I’ve used both, and I wouldn’t mind RDF disappearing completely in favor of the GF tool, even in retail.

And add in getting whoever gets assigned to you regardless of whether they’re a good fit in the party or even a good player to have in your party…
There’s a reason there’s no RDF for M+ in retail…

disingenuous crap as usual. when you introduce another way to form dungeon groups that is 50x more convenient than the original way, you have not created more options. you have replaced one form of making a group with another. deep down, i think you know this, and that’s why i’m calling you dishonest.

As I explained above, it takes those that use it out of the pool of those looking for a group by other means, which is unhealthy as it fragments the playerbase.

1 Like

you bring up a good point. all the wrath babies rolling le epic death knight are going to solve the tank shortage problem, and pretty much everybody is going to quickly get into groups with no issue. at least at the beginning, before everyone starts getting bored and quitting.

Well that’s pretty much inevitable- except it won’t be everyone.

(TBCC burned out very quickly due to the rep/attunement grinds, but several servers and even a balanced big server are thriving.)

And I don’t think RDF affect this issue at all.

1 Like

i’m trying to come up with a witty dad joke for this thread but i can’t find one

Ummm what? 5 man content is the easiest end game content that anyone can do. You do the 5 man content so you can be useful in the beginning of raids. They are not equal to raids and they never should be.

5 mans = pickup basketball game with no rules and no one really cares what you do.

Raids = basketball league with refs and a coach.

You probably want to pick what team you’re on in a league or at least know your teammates. A pickup game can be with anyone, you don’t have to know them and you can leave at any time.

LFR created their own difficulty to make raids easier than even dungeons. Nothing at all like LFG/RDF where you run the exact same dungeon with the exact same people it’s just faster and less effort to get a group together. LFG does not effect the dungeon content at all it just effects how you form the group.

then it’s time! to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel