Gamer dad needs that RDF

I’m a dad now I’m not 14 anymore. I can’t spend my day sitting around spamming chat. I just want to make a warrior tank alt and carry low level dungeons in my limited free time.

With RDF I can leave if I have to. Right now I don’t join groups to do dungeons because i know it’s at least an hour long commitment and I might have to step away. If I leave halfway through I just wasted 4 people’s time and I’m not trying to do that. With RDF I can leave and get replaced in under a minute without anyone needing to lift a finger. Blizzard just bring back RDF. Do it for the dads.

75 Likes

No we don’t want it I’m sorry. And the truth is respect you and your family. But MMO’s do require a time.investment I get you are not 14 anymore and have a job and family but the truth is that means maybe an MMO isn’t for you anymore. Not trying to be mean just being upfront. Wow is a grind and if you don’t have that time maybe something else will fit your life now

22 Likes

Correct this. YOU don’t want it. Not “we”. I 100% percent want LFD. Speak for yourself, clown.

55 Likes

Sorry I hit a nerve for you at 9 am lol

6 Likes

I’m simply correcting your factually incorrect statement.

30 Likes

A lot of people want it. A lot of people don’t want it. We can clearly see that Blizzard is sticking with their new LFM/LFG tool for now. They wouldn’t make such a drastic change without weighing the pros and cons, and it sounds like they want to go for the Classic/TBC style of group making rather than the mindless queue system Retail uses.

7 Likes

laughs in WoD flight removal

17 Likes

I don’t know anything about WoD, or even anything after Cata. Regardless, Classic Wrath is not Wrath, not WoD. It’s a new take on an old expansion. There are #SomeChanges

3 Likes

My point was in WoD they decided to “stick to their guns” and make one of the most unpopular changes ever done to the game by removing flying in the new continent. The backlash was so deafening that they inevitably reversed the change later on in the same expansion.

The same thing is going to happen in classic Wrath. The question is when.

12 Likes

Hopefully it doesn’t, I for one detest RDF and hope they keep it far removed from Wrath Classic.

3 Likes

I myself love having to find / form a party for a dungeon while leveling or even at max level.

3 Likes

I don’t care if you hope one way or another. My point is that Blizzard has a proven track record of being stubborn early on, only to cede to pressure later on when people get furious.

2 Likes

Yes, please bring back RDF/LFD it’s a tool that opens up dungeons to a lot of players.

23 Likes

Hello,

Fellow dad here.

That’s why they’re adding the group finder from retail.

You’ll have your pick of groups needing a tank.

Yeah, this is not attractive for anyone but you.

I hear that, save your dungeoning for time you can block off. It’s what I do, and I’m primarily a DPS… so I am not in demand.

Yeah, so don’t do that.

Psst: The queue is less than a minute for you as a tank. Everyone else is waiting at least a few, if not several minutes. (Possibly 20+ and the group dies.)

RDF doesn’t change you screwing over a dungeon group by making a time commitment you cannot keep.
It just means you get away with it because nobody can keep you from ending up in their group once you develop a reputation for being unreliable.

11 Likes

Blizzard’s list of pros and cons
Pros - More money from boosts, possibly more money from dragonflight expansion fee.
Cons - I’m sorry did you say something about money? Let’s just focus on that.

4 Likes

Cons:
The beginning of the slope to the “Alone while surrounded by people” community of retail.
Cannot exchange items/gold with players from other servers
Cannot filter out a known unreliable (like the OP) or a loot ninja… reputation doesn’t matter. (This also includes the toxic mofos)

I could go on, but it gets more niche from there.

3 Likes

“Alone while surrounded by people” Have you tried reaching out?
“Cannot exchange items/gold with players from other servers” I mean, you can trade boss drops between party members… but if that’s really an “anti dungeon finder” complaint then hey, let’s open that up to cross realm too. Not like players aren’t just buying botted gold anyway (Even on fresh servers this is gonna happen)
“Cannot filter out a known unreliable” - Vote to kick. As soon as you start assuming it won’t work, you have to be assuming that most people aren’t just reasonable people looking to enjoy their downtime.
“Reputation doesn’t matter” No. It doesn’t. Never has, never will. Glad that you know some people, and there’s a couple server clowns… but there’s hundreds or thousands of people on servers. I guarantee you don’t know them, and I guarantee you won’t remember most of them either way.
“Loot ninja” As if people don’t ninja currently. How often do people not roll need on the primal nether, as if they can’t purchase it if they really needed it? “I need the gold”

4 Likes

I mean, technically if two people want it they’re perfectly fine saying ‘we’. Of course drastically more people want it than don’t. That’s just a straight up fact with plenty of evidence here, reddit, mmo-c, youtube, twitch, in-game. Everywhere.

But even that isn’t really the reason Blizz should have dungeon finder in Wrath. I never thought the Classic project should be ‘do what the masses want’. It should be ‘do what people who want an authentic experience want’. It’s fine for classic servers to have a niche audience…that’s kinda the point. But with these changes I have no idea who that audience is anymore. It’s not purists like myself. It’s not casuals. It’s not hardcores. Who is it?

8 Likes

Yeah, actually.
I went back to Retail after burning out on classic, and for the first few weeks kinda treated it like classic vanilla… trying to talk to people… reaching out in chat for help killing an elite, etc…

Yeah… no. Alone surrounded by people.

Opening trade to cross-realm would be nice. (Probably the best way to do retail IMO.) That would alleviate one issue.

Well, assuming I’m grouped with 3 other people who are reading chat and not just wondering why the group isn’t just going while they watch youtube on the second screen. - Yeah, we can kick the disreputable person. (And hope it’s not the tank or the healer) Before being put in queue again and hoping we don’t get them BACK.
Better option: Not having to deal with them in the first place, by declining their application.

1. Yes, I do remember people, right now it’s in BGs.
  2. You’re not doing the same content as the thousands of people.

If there gets to be too many to remember, I keep a list of people I won’t play with, as well as why.
If you knowingly group up with a toxic person or a loot ninja, that’s on you.
It’s also on you if you don’t make a note of them when they do it.

Accountability to the community is part of the attraction of classic…

And they build a reputation which is enforced the next time they want to join a group.

Sure, they’ll find a group to do it to, but it won’t be mine.

2 Likes

I dislike these types of arguments. My personal thoughts are that the game should cater to a much smaller population. Back in the day, it seemed like those who had time to have cool things had cool things, and those who didn’t, didn’t.

It seems like the game was much more popular when that was the case, too.

4 Likes