Gamer dad needs that RDF

it means “if you’re not happy here, get out”. why is this even a question? it’s in as basic terms as it can be.

2 Likes

Typical behavior from the welcoming, community-driven social anti-lfd posters.

Every post you guys make demonstrates how toxic your stance is and why you’re against dungeon finder. So thanks for demonstrating that once again.

5 Likes

“toxic”. how original.

1 Like

Quite the bit of hypocrisy considering the “if you don’t want RDF, don’t use it” crowd…

But seriously, if you’re honestly wanting to quit over not having RDF in Wrath Classic, there’s absolutely nothing stopping you.

I agree entirely and this is actually something I didnt even consider with RDF… groups that lose their tanks mid dungeon run, get put at the top of the list for tanks. Without RDF they either disband or if lucky enough to find one, have to leave the dungeon and summon him.

Just another reason why we desperately need RDF

4 Likes

Youre being sarcastic right? Who loves forming a party for a dungeon? lol

4 Likes

Your logic doesn’t really make sense. I don’t know if anyone who is for rdf argues that it creates community, but it certainly doesn’t destroy it. Blizzard paints this picture of the social fabric in wow, how it is supposedly vibrant and thriving in 5 mans and if rdf is brought in it will destroy it. This is basically the reason they’ve given for not adding rdf. In reality if you look at the state of things you see that people, left to their own devices, have basically removed the social fabric from 5 mans already, so reality doesn’t mesh with what Blizzard claims. Rdf then becomes a way to make five man dungeons more convenient and accessible to people, and what is wrong with that? It gets rid of all the meta gatekeeping that goes on and gives every class and spec an equal opportunity to complete dungeons. Dungeons are so easy in Wrath anyway, we don’t need the hassle of spending longer to get the group going then it actually takes to run the dungeon.

I think rdf promotes group play as more people will run five mans, promotes a vibrant world as people can be out doing things in the world while queued, and can keep dungeons alive longer through the expansion. Maybe it doesn’t promote community as such, but community already doesn’t seem to exist in five mans. The benefits far outweigh any suggested that negatives.

5 Likes

PR isnt supposed to make sense, but have appeal. Even so listen to what Blizz has to say and then what the players say and then put 2+2 together.

Blizz says its not good for the community, Players say the community is not good. Two wrongs dont make a right is the best way I can put it.

RDF was a mistake and will not be returning to Classic WoW.

4 Likes

Whats a dad? Is that a type 2 person?

Or, you can you know, not play. I don’t have that kind of time (nor the interest) either. So that’s what I’m going to do.

Looks like WOW Classic is not the game for you then.

What you want to play is retail.

1 Like

What I want to play is WoTLK*

2 Likes

As a father who had young’ns (2yo + newborn) during the original Wrath expansion, I would advise that you know the limits of your availability. The social aspects of a MMO may be appealing at this time, but unless you’re willing to commit the full time to complete a dungeon, you’re letting down others, especially in a scenario where a random player did not sign up for a player who would bail on the mid dungeon (a very different scenario as if with guildies who may know your scenario).

I would also argue that RDF promotes a consequence-free environment for you to act this way, whereas if you had acted in a similar manner through previous classic releases with a tighter community, you would be flagged as a player who is unable to commit.

MMO’s aren’t for you at this time.
If you don’t like Wrath without RDF, you can simply not play.

1 Like

Lots of people have been saying this and it’s just as stupid each time. Rdf was in Wrath.

9 Likes

It was in the last half of wrath, and was the beginning of the downslope in the game’s quality and popularity.
(Specifically the server-community aspect of the game in the case of RDF.)

1 Like

Yeah the game declined because people didn’t whisper the word inv anymore. Nothing to do with cata completely reworking every system in the game and completely redoing the entire world. No the game started to decline because of the lack of the word inv.

4 Likes

I’ve had that same mindset. But at the time I was really young with all the free time in the world. You’re going to get old too.

Also, classic wotlk is not going to be vanilla wotlk. We’ve evolved as players.

Back in the day, there were so many bad players, average players, great players, than you had those few. But Now it’s like 90% of the player base are those few. It’s been beaten and done before. There’s a blueprint.

Let us old timers return to a time where we enjoyed the game with a few quality of life changes. geez :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

People tend to forget that while Wrath was heavily developed before the Activision deal, the effects were felt after the “merger” in July 2008 (not immediately, but in the patches before the release of Cataclysm).

One could argue that while RDF was discussed by the higher-ups of Blizzard before the release of Wrath, the decision to hold back was made because of its effect on the community. Something that was even debated among players at the time of implementation (Dec 2009).

Very reductionist and incorrect, you belong on Twitter.

I’ve already explained what happened in the thread once, I’m not doing it again.

2 Likes