Gameplay =/ Lore

Now try to explain this to Final Fanservice players who think they’re all the Warrior of Light.

1. where
  2. mind your own business
1 Like

Did we find Soljeron’s main?

Edit: I forgot he hates women, he’d never play a female toon.

1 Like

“It’s so I can look at her butt dude!!! It’s not gay!!!”

2 Likes

Also: Final Fanservice? I’m not familiar with this meme. Explain what the joke is there.

I think it’s a crack at how anime/anime-flavored games tend to have fanservice out the wazoo, sometimes to ridiculous lengths.

I get what fan service is, but I’ve yet to see anything in FFXIV that compares to most WoW women. Who have 90% of their skin exposed at all times.

Alextrasza’s human form basically just has thin metal plates over her privates, buttcrack, and nips. Or was the joke based less in reality and more just a way to potentially sound clever while going “lol weeb losers”?

Molten take: FFXIV treats women better than WoW ever will, and yes, that includes Viera.

2 Likes

All I have to say about Calligraphy is that you can easily cheat it by starting it mounted and tracing the shape before the outline vanishes.

Which is probably the real source of salt. Or one of them.

I’ll have you know I started learning calligraphy IRL so I can submit my rent cheques in beautifully lettered envelopes that say 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖙

5 Likes

That’s damn near thermonuclear.

2 Likes

ff14 RP is full of people like Solderiron who think you’re a lorebeaking dingus if you RP as anything other than a penniless dirt farmer.

Joke’s on him, I’m a penniless air farmer.

1 Like

Also, I saw we should use gameplay against Tauren who cant move past BC and stop being racist towards Belves.

I mean, when your contribution to the horde is ‘We showed up’ and the other, who has been in for a significantly shorter peroid of time, has been to lead multiple successful military operations, has a smaller population than you and still often meets success… what is it your people have done for the horde again?

1 Like

Someones beefin

1 Like

I mean, when you have a beef for so long it has lasted since BC, should probably be addressed.

I think the fanservice idea for FF14 comes less from it’s depictions of female toons and more that it keeps bringing in things from other Final Fantasy titles. Everything from costumes of Cloud, Squall, and Zidane perfect for transmogging to full on raids centered around themes from past games. Which I guess can be bad, but honestly the Ivalice stuff from 12 and fighting the Doom Train and Kefka again were a total blast for me. Heck, they even have a magiteck armor mount you get that plays Terra’s theme from FF 6 whenever you use it. Personally I love all that kind of stuff but I can see where it could grate on people.

It’s called Final Fanservice because anything FF14 is catering to fan service. Which makes the game popularity. Like if blizzard would give in to every demands player would want, high elf for examples.

Can’t believe you just doxxed yourself on the forums Ms. Rent.

1 Like