Game Show Lore Mistake

So I was watching the recent new episode of the wow trivia game show and noticed a glaring mistake.

At 4:22, they ask question 7 which is about which Demigod the fel corrupted Grommash Hellscream killed. The choices given were A.) Malorne, B.) Ysera, C.) Zaetar, and D.) Ursol.

Now as people who know the lore can see, the correct answer Cenarius is not an option. Instead the show host credits the correct answer as “A.) Malorne.”

The game historian is right there and involved in the show. How was this blatant mistake not caught beforehand?

2 Likes

Didn’t even know there was a lore game show.

3 Likes

You mean the same guy that said the dark portal was the well of eternity?

I’m so shocked

4 Likes

At least they didn’t repeat a question already asked in a previous episode this time, heh.

1 Like

Wha? Malorne was killed by Archimonde during the War of the Ancients long before the Orcs even arrived on Azeroth like literally just found that out via a quick google search.

Also learnt that apparently he’s Elunes consort and the father of Cenarius which ummm yeah… not gonna touch that with a 50 foot pole

2 Likes

I love bringing that up when people say lgbt stuff doesn’t belong in WoW. just “Oh but the moon can hook up with a stag?”

Well okay the other odd one people keep forgetting was a thing. Kalecgos falling in love with The Sunwell.

4 Likes

Really lends credence to the problem plaguing WoW and the player base. Some people I encounter on the forums have no care for lore/story. Messing up one of the biggest clashes between Grom and Cenarius certainly makes it appear that Blizz doesn’t care either :sob:

5 Likes

Theyre both gods. They can choose who to bang and dont need to explain themselves. Also this is why elune sent archimonde to kill malorne. He knew what she looked like!

1 Like

There’s even an in-game quest where Malorne is haunted by visions of his death you play in Legion so you don’t even have to be a lore nerd to know this.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised how much wooshes over folks even if Blizz is practically screaming the lore at them

quickly googles famous lakes

If Lake Titicaca suddenly turned into a hot chick and started throwing herself at you, you’d go for it, too.

Or maybe you wouldn’t. I don’t know you. But I stand by my point!

2 Likes

It’s just another flagrant display of the lack of care they have for the setting.
When your lead writers are Tumblr-tier fanfic writers, there’s no real need to care honestly. The second that d*nuser writes about this event he can just say it was Malorne because that’s something he would do.

This is why I tell people there’s no point in caring about the story side of WoW anymore. Either shut your brain off and eat the gameplay slop, or leave. There’s nothing else for you here.

1 Like

:thinking:

You made love to a lake didn’t you?

1 Like

Well, the river wasn’t playing along, so…

On topic, though, what even is this trivia game show you’re all talking about? You all make it sound like it’s an official game show curated by Blizz

It’s on their official youtube channel. OP posted it with the minute marker on the post.

Also the comments roasting the error and the official channel responded to the error.

2 Likes

blink Really? When did that happen?
Was something I missed in Exploring Kalimdor?

I know Beavis would.

For those curious here is the official response.
"Thank you for catching an error on this episode of Stump Sean!

We’ll repost the video shortly with the correct footage. We appreciate your diligence in defending the lore of Azeroth :heart:"

To me, it feels that they are playing it off as an editing mistake. That either the wrong question or answer was applied. So the question itself might be changed to ask which demigod Archimonde killed or Cenarius will become option A over Malorne.

I just think that they need to get the contestants back so they can refilm and then edit it in.

1 Like

Back in Legion, I was doing an Emerald Nightmare run. At Cenarius some dude mentioned he was the son of Elune and Malorne who is a deer. I guess the raid leader thought he was making up gross stuff because he was promptly kicked for mentioning that :rofl:

2 Likes

1 Like

It was in one of the exploring books.

1 Like

What a joke this company has become lol. RIP in pizza Blizzard.