Game Needs Updated Kick Feature

I was just kicked from a Timewalking dungeon for not dispelling a stun off of a rogue.

I didn’t say anything in chat, there was no argument. No one died.

All that happened was a rogue was stunned, he spam messaged the party chat to dispel the stun, which I wasn’t even paying attention to. Then he spam whispered me cursing and freaking out.

Again. No one died. I didn’t respond. I didn’t type anything in the chat. The rogue was stunned once, and wasn’t dispelled. Then I was kicked.

I have played this game since 2006. The community has hit rock bottom.

Blizzard, do something about your community while you still have some players left. This is getting ridiculous. I’m not going to bother with this game any more if the community is this way.

33 Likes

If you’re going to claim something that you were accused of then at least post on your main and not an alt. Hunters don’t dispel, people make stuff up all the time, at least have some credibility. I want to know when, how, what, and where it happened, and it will clarify my doubts as to whether you are trolling or not.

11 Likes

What? Lol. Is this the court of law? You can believe it or not, I don’t care.

If you’re going to tell someone to post on a main and not an alt, then you should probably be doing the same. Hypocrite.

My god…this community is brutal.

32 Likes

What update to /kick would have prevented what happened? A majority of the party agreed to kick you. Is the game supposed to override the will of the party for one player?

7 Likes

However, I do agree with you that the kick feature could be updated, it is a very outdated system and has no merit in the current WoW. What do you propose that would make the kick feature better?

2 Likes

And couldn’t resolve that himself?

2 Likes

They need to make it so that when people are pre-grouped together, they don’t hold all the power in the group. This enables them to be extremely toxic without any repercussions. The rogue was in a group with the tank. That is an automatic 2 votes. Someone else probably just kicked it on auto pilot, or possibly even by mistake.

They also need to make it so that people that are grouped together cannot vote on a vote kick against someone that they pre-grouped with. This will make them immune from being kicked from a group.

Giving people an advantage in a voting situation is not fair.

1 Like

I’m not certain how they could really update the kick feature to be any different or better than its current form.

The only thing I could think of is that when a player gets kicked, they’re instead sharded into a separate instance of that same dungeon (without losing progress) and immediately re-entered into the dungeon queue.

That way, they’re not with the same people that kicked them but they don’t lose too much from being “mindlessly voted out” (which likely is a behavior Blizzard will never be able to “correct”).

4 Likes

A valid concern, I seen this issue before myself.

Maybe instead of giving them both a vote individually, they only have 1 vote as a group to kick someone.

3 Likes

Depends on the specifics of the stun. If it’s a magic effect, yes. If it’s a physical effect, no and no healer can dispel that.

4 Likes

this is not a bad idea at all

4 Likes

It really depends why they were kicked.

If a tank was kicked for being in fury spec and refusing to change, you’ve just punted the problem off on to some other group

7 Likes

3 Likes

15 Likes

You know what else would be great? If lfr bosses kicked people from the group for being afk.

8 Likes

Savage.
/10

1 Like

Wow now people are reporting my posts as trolling, and its getting them hidden. The report features really are broken. I’m not trolling. This really needs some work. The people doing the reporting are the ones trolling. The same problems exist on the forums as they do in the game for voting.

10 Likes

Something I’d say I have seen more of is people being petty in dungeons.

I’ll have one set of 5 super chill ones on one character. Then on the next one it’s annoying, luck of the draw. But I don’t think it’s a lack of vote kick rules in place, it’s more of a player created issue.

3 Likes

Couldn’t be more true where you said its the luck of the draw. I disagree when you said a lack of vote kick rules in place are a problem. Players create a problem, it is up to the devs to come up with a working solution to that problem.

The current vote kick system isn’t fair. You don’t allow a friend of someone in court to be on the jury. Friends shouldn’t be included in the vote when it comes to vote kicking in WoW. People that have friends with them in a random dungeon hold extra power due to the way the voting system is in the game. Its a flawed vote.

1 Like

Why do you think you need to post your drama to GD? Its kinda pathetic. I doubt anyone cares very much.

5 Likes