Game Install Stuck on Initializing

Recently, my Battle.Net Launcher somehow lost the location of all of my games. I had to go in and relocate each of them and it was fine, except for World of Warcraft. I had WotLK and retail installed but it still could not locate either one even after manually pointing it at the file location.

In order to play, I’ve tried to reinstall the game. However, I’m running into more issues.

No matter what I’ve tried I cannot get my launcher to actually install the game. It hangs on “Initializing (2159810/2159810)”.
Things I have tried so far:

• Restarting my computer

• Checking for Windows update

• Restarting Battle.net Launcher

• Running Battle.net Launcher as admin

• Running Battle.net Update Agent as admin

• Installing in new directories

• Uninstalling and Reinstalling Battle.net Launcher

• Disabling all anti-virus/malware services

I will continue to troubleshoot and reply if I find a solution, but if anybody has something else I can try, I would be very appreciative

5 Likes

Make that two people stuck at the exact same initializing sequence.

Digging through some older posts that dealt with the same problem (w/different details) I came across one mentioning the download manager attempting to perform an update at the same time. Which is exactly what’s happening with mine, and I have it set to never auto update. Yet, it’s doing so anyway.

The download reached 689 mb then stalled in this loop.
I have done each step+ deep cleaning, etc to no avail.

I should note that the first time I attempted the install I hadn’t checked for a Nvidia update prior. I did after the first failed download attempt & there was an update, which I did. There’s no relevance; just wanted to cover semantics for inquiring minds.

Make that 3, Went to reinstall due to issues with since patch 10.0.7 dcing haven’t been able to play since that release. :frowning: paying a sub and can’t play sucks. Tried everything in many posts So [Main Thread] Disconnect Streaming errors since 10.0.7 - #201 by Camíllà-moon-guard tried reinstalling so from one issue to another :frowning:

Update, after finding I have the steam client, Discord etc running in the background (Systray) I exited them both restarted Battle.net client now I’m installing finally past being suck.

1 Like

Same issue here, 694 MB, I hope blizzard fixes their stuff soon.

Edit - Closing Discord worked

1 Like

Yep, also stuck on initializing (stuck on 2159810). New Dell XPS and did all of OP checklist.

1 Like

I managed to finally get the game to fully install after trying a couple suggestions in conjunction with each other.

The steps that worked for me was as follows:

• Make sure auto-update is disabled on your Battle.net launcher

• Close any process related to Steam and Discord

• Temporarily disable anti-virus/malware (in my case I disabled Kaspersky)

• Restart the Battle.net launcher after you have done these 3 things

I had tried all of these things individually, which did not work, but I was finally able to install after doing all 3 together. Hope this helps.

Thanks to Angelluus and Gelebor for giving me the idea to close Steam and Discord

1 Like

Thanks for replying. Really stumped on this.

• Windows / Dell Updates / Restart
  • Auto-update is disabled
  • Steam and Discord was never installed
  • Kaspersky / Defender disabled
  • Re-installed Battle.net / Clear cache / full delete

However, I am able to download and play Classic and Lich King. Really stumped on this one.

Are you on windows 11? try updating the “optional” updates for windows, and making sure you don’t have any razer processes (the mouse software) running in the background

You could try going to into run>msconfig>boot>safe_boot + networking box checked

2 Likes

I fixed this as well. Using procmon I was able to see the Agent.exe application attempting and failing to connect to an internal kubernetes cluster (I think just docker) that they apparently are using to manage the downloads.

I set Docker Desktop to not launch on setup and rebooted, and the download was able to proceed.

1 Like

Omg, it was Razer Synapse. Uninstalled it and now able to download retail wow and install.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.