Disconnect Streaming errors since 10.0.7

i did a complete uninstall like you suggested and went and deleted the world of warcraft folder completely then reinstalled it via battle.net launcher at the same location and so far it s been 10 min without disconnecting. it seems to have worked. this computer had wow installed by copying all the files from another computer might that be the reason why we get disconnected vs someone who does a full install trough client? will repost if i get another disconnect

1 Like

disabled all addons - still d/c
going full-windowed now.

These things seem to have helped a bit but did not 100% solve my problem:

Follow this guide:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/22862#:~:text=This%20error%20message%20indicates%20that,and%20addons%20are%20not%20corrupted.

Important part is that I reset my modem and router.

Follow this guide:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/22862#:~:text=This%20error%20message%20indicates%20that,and%20addons%20are%20not%20corrupted.

Finally if you’re still having the issue:

1. Copy all of your addons, WTF, cache to another folder so you don’t lose your settings.
  2. Uninstall WoW from Bnet launcher
  3. Reinstall WoW in a new folder location or drive
  4. After playing and confirming that you’re not getting disconnected anymore, copy your addons, WTF, and cache back over to the new WoW folder location.

PLEASE post here if any or all of these solutions work for you!

UPDATE: Just finished killing Ras in LFR, disconnected right after the kill, now keep getting disconnected every few seconds/mins.

been running wow for more than half an hour without disconnect now on my pc that had this issue

i can garantee that it s not a router/modem issue because we play wow on 2 computers and both my computers are next to each other plugged to the same router both with wires one had the issue since patch night the other didn t.

only thing that worked was completely deleting the wow folder and doing a fresh install trough battle net by redownloading the game

thinking about it now, only difference i can tell between the 2 pc is one had wow installed by copying the files from another computer while the other had a fresh install i suggest trying to reinstall and making sure you completely delete the wow folder before reinstalling before trying anything else

all addons work fine i was able to copy the interface, wtf and cache folder just fine and it is stable

as you can tell having one computer working while your better half can t play with you has put me in quite a pickle so i ve been trying to figure this out intensively all day yesterday and today

i tried many things this is the only thing that worked

3 Likes

Seemed to have worked for about 30-40 mins for me and now I’m DCing nonstop again. I’m not going to reset my modem and router every 30 mins to play this game.

2 Likes

Is anyone here having issues with PTR as well? I figured I’d try to view some of the new things on the 10.1 PTR but it literally disconnects/crashes me the second I load in. Diablo & Overwatch work perfectly fine for me (as well as every steam game) So this must 100% be a wow problem right?

1 Like

I heard that Classic is doing perfectly fine, only Retail and PTR are acting up. So this is definitely connected to 10.0.7 patch files.

So I just did a complete clean reinstall with a different WoW directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Dragonflight) the exact same way as Keliegh, I had my addons folder saved and turned on right now. My game have been running without any DCes for 45+ minutes now idling in Stormwind. It seems to have resolved it? Will update if DC happens again.

Update: The game is still running for around 2 hours after clean reinstall. Only been idling in Stormwind. Gonna try going to end game locations.

Update x2: Have been around Valdrakken and Forbidden Reach, the game is running stable so far without DCes.

Theres still the problem and i cant enter since the patch, almost 3 days and the game time its running, i hope theres a compensation for the disconection

2 Likes

lol thats what im saying

Yup, I’ve done about everything I can think of at this point just short of rebuilding my computer or buying a new router. I am hoping maintenance tomorrow will address this issue.

1 Like

I just install a new SSD and a fresh game, all drivers update and change internet company, test with other games and only wow have that issue.

All that to prepare for the new patch and i cant play

yeah tried every fix in the forum still nothing downloaded game 3 times for fresh install and didnt run with add ons or anything. tried this on 3 computers now. hoping game time will be refunded at east. Also would be good to add this issue here: Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues and Information -- Updated March 21

1 Like

I’m sorry that nothing helped you :frowning:
I hope they resolve this ASAP and provide us refund for 3 days worth of game time.

2 Likes

Na it’s definitely your problem :laughing:

Guess Blizzard doesn’t know how to resolve this issue since we’ve gotten 0 updates from them.

2 Likes

Don’t even bother troubleshooting this. Its not a local issue. This is 100% blizzards issue to solve at the moment. Its clear they arent sure what they broke as they are requesting a log.

Log in, dc, close the game, send the log. Move on. Then when they do finally address this its time for the wow community to actually be compensated as the game is completely unplayable for those with this issue.

4 Likes

I fully agree with this. It’s definitely an issue on their end. Sh*t happens, especially when patching a game as vast as WoW. I just hope we will be compensated for their mistake.

2 Likes

In case everyone hasn’t noticed, the second blue post in this thread was edited to say they have enough data from us and are working on it.

@Alunary - have you still not crashed after a full reinstall to a fresh directory? Weird that seems to have fixed it, but that would coincide with ‘corrupted data’… but uninstalling the game should remove all game data.

Maybe we found something to help them better the uninstall process? Trying to find silver linings. It sucks but we just have to wait for a fix.

1 Like

My game have not DCed yet, I have been flying around, entering different zones, logged on different alts. It does seem like there was some kind of corrupted file that was forcing the game to loop DC in order to update/repair itself. Need more testing though.

exactly. this is at their end not ours.