Game Freezes and Stops Responding when I log out or Exit

Hey,

So it boots up and has a bunch of things under NVidia and AMD automatically selected. Do I unselect everything except NVidia and then all of the Nvidia?

I opened up Event Manager (from Windows) and found Windows Logs -> Application:

The program Wow.exe version 9.0.5.38134 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2540
Start Time: 01d7408dc2c51c1f
Termination Time: 6
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
Report Id: d72e549c-a48f-4399-9be0-f3a612deb8c6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

Then right before it, as “information”:

Fault bucket 2208620566162633580, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Wow.exe
P2: 9.0.5.38134
P3: 60627a02
P4: f532
P5: 134217728
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER12E2.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1303.tmp.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1321.tmp.csv
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1341.tmp.txt
\?\C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER18A1.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_Wow.exe_5e755292f82e11deca1a16e2da4e6ce938c39da5_e76f084b_048f0231-7150-42bd-b9cc-9f73b95e57e8

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: d72e549c-a48f-4399-9be0-f3a612deb8c6
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 875e4d87a6514a701ea698b401bef36c

Not sure if this means anything though?

That’s the game freeze you see - Windows is reporting it. On the DDU tool you select Graphics then select Nvidia.

Apologies for the delay on this. This weekend was busy and I was weary to try this during a work day.

I couldn’t get safe mode working on windows 10, but did disconnect all internet, ran the tool, it restarted, then did the custom clean install without the GeForce experience.

I also went back to driver 466.11 (one previous).

It’s fine to run DDU without booting into Safe Mode. Will do the job. How are things now? We might even roll back to another driver here yet. The entire 460 series of drivers seem to have issues on some systems.

So far so good.

I have not had it happen yet but will let you know if I do! I wonder if the driver from 04/24-04/25 was the issue? The newest.

So far no issues!

The driver I had updated to, then noticed the issues, was The GeForce Game Ready Driver for the RTX 2080 Super, version: 466.27, date: 04/27/21

The version I now have, after uninstalling, was the previous driver:

GeForce Game Ready Driver
Version: 466.11
Date: 04/14/21

Edit; Had my first freeze up of the day :frowning:

Looks like an improvement. Did you have anymore lockups or just the one.

It seems to happen every 1 in 5 log outs to character screen, or even when selecting exit game. :frowning:

Looking things over here again - where is the game installed. Where is Bnet installed?

I see no sign of wireless. This is a ethernet cable connection correct?

Let’s update the Intel Network Adapter. The one you have is 5 years old.

Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

You want the 3rd download on the list - [Wired_driver_26.2_x64.zip]

Extract that zip then look for the Installation icon.

Hey Tratt,

Sorry I have not played much recently due to this. I only have an ethernet port, no wifi on my PC.

Both WOW and Battle.net are on my SSD, where my windows installation is. You had me download that driver a week ago. Can I give you a new file? I have updated more drivers since this started, in hopes that maybe it would help.

I just went to get you a new one, but when I opened DxDiage I got a message:

DirectX Diagnostic Tool

DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Diagnostics’ the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Diagnostics this time?

Yes/No

I hit no and re-opened and got that again.

Should I hit yes?

Sorry I was looking at your old DXDiag when I saw that driver. I see now you installed the new one.

The issue with DXDiag diagnostics has me wondering. Let’s run some Windows system file checks here:

Type cmd in the Windows search box. Right click on Command Prompt that appears - select “Run as Administrator”

At the Command Prompt cursor type or paste: (after pasting click enter key to start things)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (takes a minute - then at C prompt run)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (this and the next command can take awhile)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

*While running DISM using the /RestoreHealth or /ScanHealth, you could notice the process may seem stuck at 20% or 40%, normal behavior. After a few minutes the scan will finish. When the bar reaches 100% it may seem to stall give it some time.

Next run the System File Check command. It will take 10 minutes or so.

sfc /scannow (space between sfc and /scannow)

If sfc /scannow finds errors the tool will attempt to repair them. It will print that out. If it prints successful repairs - great. If it prints “could not repair all” - run it again. What you want to see is “No Integrity Violations”.

Note - If you are typing the commands there is a space before each slash symbol - /

So.

I just realized that I changed my BIOS from “Normal” to “ASUS Optimal” (which is an auto overcloak), because I noticed it in there when you were telling me about XMP.

I was told that this might cause this. I just set it back to normal and will be testing a TON of log outs tomorrow.

Did the SFC scans find errors?

For:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

The result was: “No component store corruptions detected. The operations completed successfully.”

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

The result was: “[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.”

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The result was: “[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.”

sfc /scannow

The result was: “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.”

Are you able to run the DXDiag without error now.

I got the error, but selected “No”, and then it seemed to load?

Here is what I got:

I’m running out of ideas here - let’s see if Intel’s download assistant offers anything:

Download Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Hey Tratt,

Honestly I appreciate the effort, a lot. I’ll try this, and thank you very much.

If this doesn’t work… I’ll try reinstalling a fourth time after uninstalling everything, and hope that maybe that works.

The tool says:

No supported driver or software updates are available for your system.