Game Freezes and Stops Responding when I log out or Exit

Hey All,

It’s been 3 days where, when I log out, the game will freeze/lock up and then stop responding - to the point where I have to force close it.

Any idea why? I recently tried having my Nvidia card set the graphical settings, so I’m not sure if it’s that?

Not sure if this is related, but I just received a Critical Error:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
ProcessID: 2740
ThreadID: 20980
Exception: ACCESS_Violation

Wow the instruction at “0x00007ff7b710f5f7” referenced memory at “0x0000004000000004”. The mrmory could not be “read”

Press OK to terminate the application

Are you running battle.net as a Adminstrator?
If not… Do that.
Also check your power button.
Does your computer need to restart and update?

No updates pending and battle.net is/was in Admin mode :frowning:

Only others are.
Memory leak…

The virtual memory is not controlled automaticly, but has a set size. Change to auto windows.
You have a hard drive . install a SSD.

The virtual memory is a set-size. I will change that. Thank you! I will see if this fixes it.

1 Like

The critical error is gone, but the freezing on log-out or exit is happening still.

Hit Task manager and watch if the “wowproxieserver.exe” hangs on disconnect to the toon select screen.
If it does. Right click the name and run it on high piroty.
It should not say … Not responding.
Taskmanager Clt-alt-esc
See the Details Tab.

Hi Soundscape

Along with all the suggestions Baleskroa is providing can you Pastebin the entire Error 132.

Navigate to the main Wow folder > retail folder. Inside is the Errors folder. Open that folder and the error files themselves will be inside. Right click the most recent file then use notepad to open.

Paste the entire error on pastebin.com then provide the end code portion of the URL - example below.

(The green bold portion at the end of the link: https://pastebin.com/Qk28Ed1P) <---- this code

1 Like

Hey all,

It just happened and I watched “wowproxieserver.exe” vanish and “Wow.exe” go from running to suspended.

Is that what you meant?

Also, here is the pastebin:

The error isn’t providing many clues. You are running a good number of addons. We can test on a default UI.

I see something else I want to test first. Can you uninstall Geforce Experience - go to Control Panel > Programs and Features

Test for crashes afterwards.

There is a clue.
Suspended is differnt from teramated? No?

Hey Tratt,

I renamed my WTF, Interface, and deleted the Cache. The wow freezing/DC’ing happens occasionally still - but no error.

Baelskroa,

It is… but I don’t know what would be causing it :frowning:

Well that’s a start I suppose. Pastebin your DXDiag system report next.

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - we don’t require the MSinfo report.

This time it was WoW.exe that went to “not responding” and wowproxieserver.exe was runnign the entire time.

I’ll get the addons removed real fast and see if I can replicate it and paste an MSInfo.

We only need the DXDiag report Soundscape - not the MSInfo.

Hey Tratt,

I couldn’t figure out how to attach it, but here:

I see you have Citrix installed. Can you temporarily uninstall that to test things. I see something else I want to take a look at. Run another tool here:

Download the free version of the CPU-Z tool here:

(Download Button on left side of page - “Setup - English”)

Run it on desktop. Along the bottom beside Tools button is a dropdown arrow. Click that then select Save Report as .TXT - paste the report on Pastebin.

Hey Tratt,

Something seems odd with the Ram. DXDiag reports - Memory: 49152MB RAM. CPU-Z reports - 1. Memory Size 48 GBytes. CPU-Z reports 4 sticks of 8GB GSkill ram. The ram is same brand however it is not the same frequency and clocks.

Try removing all the sticks - reseat only 2 sticks of matching Ram. Looking at a picture of your Asus board you would want to seat them in the lighter colored grey DIMMS. Test things afterwards and run another CPU-Z.