Game Download / Stuck on "Initializing" and "waiting for update"

I have tried troubleshooting with every article available for a variety of issues. My original post was in the technical support forum ( Download Issue / Stuck in Initializing ) and it was suggested I come here for help with the issue. Im at a loss on what to do. I have opened a ticket with blizzard but response time via email is not the best.

I know global download speeds are low but I have been trying to reinstall WoW for the past 2 days with no luck. Each time I get any progress it I either get stuck at “initializing” or “waiting for update” and each time the progress bar does not budge. I spent 3+ hours just letting the battle.net launcher do its thing and NOTHING.

I’m a returning player operating of the new MacBook Pro:

Processor: 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

I do want to add I’ve tried scan and repair tool multiple times and it also does not budge on the progress bar. I’m at my Witts end and am very close to just purchasing a gaming laptop.

I don’t have a direct answer, but I think posting your problem in the battle.net desktop app tech support forum might get you a quicker answer than here:

(Apologies for sending you to yet another forum, but I do believe it will help)

I have discovered a couple of support articles that might help you! Make sure to click the Mac heading on both of these, since it seems to default to Windows even on my Mac:

Only other thing I can think of right now, though I imagine you’ve likely tried this, is to reboot your computer.

Hey, Brieanakrakr! We haven’t heard from you or seen you login in the last few days through the ticket system or on the forum thread here, so I wanted to make sure the issue is fixed up :slight_smile:

While an email will be sent, but it will be sent through a no-reply email informing that a response has been provided. We do not provide support through email, only through our web ticket system. To respond to an issue, please use the My Tickets option here.

Atenstein, made some good suggestions here!

If the problem with “Initializing” persists, I wanted to recommend a few things that wasn’t recommended here or on the ticket.

There’s been some reported issues with Google Fiber recently, so the alternative connection like a hotspot is definitely worth a try to help narrow the issue down. Let us know how it goes or if the issue is fixed up now :slight_smile: