Game crashing with access_violation error when opening a vendor

This is only happening on one character.

c:/ProgramFiles (x86)\World of Warcraft\retail_Wow.exe
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION-The instruction at “0x00007ff6c4c827bf” referenced memory at “0x0000000000000a”,
The memory could not be “read”.
Process ID: 15368
Thread ID: 15044

I should also note that this is only happening when opening “time” vendors like the antique bullion and time rift vendors.

Edit

So it appears I have full access to the vendors without any crashes ONLY if I remove my equipped weapon. Definitely a problem on Blizzards end and not mine (GPU drivers, CPU, etc)

1 Like

I am having this issue with some vendors and quest givers that have rewards. It is mainly with quartermasters but not all of their items cause a crash. Usually it is a weapon. The quest givers are usually some unique reward item. It happens when I mouse over the item. Error message and pop up that force closes the game.

I’ve collected all threads regarding this issue and created a bug report here:

1 Like

Awesome stuff, thanks. Hopefully this gets addressed.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I went down a bios rabbit hole and almost updated it. I could have ruined my motherboard over this. I just had a feeling to do another search and I seen your post. I know I know why would I do anything with my bios. I honestly don’t know. I just put in the error into my search and that’s what it came up with.

2 Likes

Thank you also for your post.