Game Crashing when using Spectral Sight

My game continue to freeze and stop responding when I use spectral sight, other than that it runs fine! Is anyone else having this problem?

7 Likes

I’m also running into this issue. Still occurs after computer/client reboot and after disabling addons.

Most of the time, my screen recovers after a few seconds, but I had a full client crash when I used it in arena.

I’m having the same issue in the arena. After pressing Spectral Sight, the screen freezes up until the spell effect is gone.

1 Like

I also recently encountered this bug running Atal’dazar. AMD Radeon RX 7800XT, Ryzen 7700X. Windows 11. Using Directx 11 as there was a bug with AMD drivers and DX12. Drivers are not updated, will check if it fixes the problem. Also, every time is a full crash to desktop with an error that the memory could not be read.

EDIT: Updated to Feb AMD drivers, still crashes to desktop.

I’m having the same issue with Spectral Sight right now. It’s freezing my game for a solid 10-20 seconds.

Same issue, happening since the update today. Have tried scan/repair, reboot, addons, still freezing or crashing in pvp all day.

1 Like

Bug report today stated its related to outline mode being used. If you disable that you wont crash.

3 Likes

To disable outline mode. Go to…

Options ->Gameplay → Interface → Outline Mode (Set to Disabled)
and
Options->System->Graphics → Graphics Quality → Outline Mode (Set to Disabled)

Apply/Save and you can immediately use Spectral Sight without issue

*This is a work-around until they fix the bug. After that is patched you’ll be able to re-enable this setting OR if needed for questing now, just don’t use spectral sight, while this is enabled.

1 Like

Hitting this too, with an NVIDIA GPU. Win 10, newest drivers.

Only started with last patch and can confirm that it only happens with Outline Mode enabled (either Good or High setting).

The client hangs, maybe occasionally producing a frame, until the spell ends and sometimes for a few seconds after.

Yeah, no. Blizzard can fix it.

5 Likes

This is how they nerf DH :smiley: :hammer:

wow i had the same issue on my dh its fixed now, thank you for the tip!! it actually makes the game run better disabling it which is wild, almost like when you put your screen resolution to 98% it looks waaay bettter !!

Agreed. 1st it’s a game-breaking bug. Second, when using the workaround, you can barely make out things this ability is supposed to be able to make you see. Sometimes, you can’t see anything at all, depending on where you’re at.

Any word on a fix? Outline mode is preferred. This workaround isn’t satisfactory at all.

2 Likes

Disabled outline mode problem is still persisting for me.

72160A8E-AFD4-4DFE-879F-508AB4E7FC6E is the code.

Rolled back nVidia drivers to 551.61, release date long before the patch this Tuesday, still crashing.

the only downside of disabling the outline mode is it’s harder to see enemies because it removes that red outline/haze on players. idk why the outline setting messes with spectral sight so badly…

It’s not solved, if you have not the outline active, its not usefull.

It’s not solved. It’s a work around. Disabling it make it harder to see the enemies in arena.

1 Like

Funny,I have changed my Graphic Api to Directx11 and fix this bug,for now…