Game crashing after 9.1.5 on AMD GPUs

Not for performance, but to save my eyes in Torghast and Bastion, I turned off compute settings (bottom right) and full screen glow

Glow In game:
/console SET ffxglow 0

Is anyone else getting the “application not responding” when they hit Play on battle.net launcher?? I can’t even get the game to load… somehow I was able to play last night with no issues by manually launching game and watching opening cinematic etc… but today that trick isn’t working and my only real recourse is unsub. Solutions if any???

I’d be surprised if it did, since those are Windows-specific troubleshooting instructions and this is the Macintosh Technical Support forum.

Although I would imagine there must be some equivalent set of troubleshooting instructions to diagnose an “application not responding” state for MacOS. I just have never seen those and have no personal insight.

1 Like

Not affecting all users.
Have 2019 iMac with Radeon Pro Vega 48. Running Monterey 12.1.
Not seeing any crashes.
Am seeing much longer load times,

Yes… thank you for any feedback. I miss my game… we all hope you find a fix for us asap.

1 Like

Same here. I cannot play more than 2-3 minutes before the game hangs and then crashes. Reducing video resolution helps so I can play a bit before it crashes, but it still ends up crashing.

Model Name: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
Model Identifier: iMac17,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB

Game quits after just a few seconds…

Yup same issue here, freezes every time i attempt to do anything and then inevitably crashes.
Mac Pro
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
AMD FirePro D700 6 GB

Logged in today … tried setting that FSA whatsit to “on” as recommended elsewhere, it did mak it smoother for combat, but the instant I got into the base in Korthia, freeze-freeze-freeze-boom.

So, still broken, still unplayable, still unsubbed.
/sadface

I want to resub and play, but this is hot garbage.
Please, I’m beggin’ ya, fix it.

4 Likes

Game crashes my entire computer when launching.

Game is completely unplayable. Playing on a 2019 Mac. Starting the game results in screen freeze for about 3-5 minutes, then the login screen shows up, screen freezes again for 5 minutes, and then character selection screen which works fine. Logging in, results in screen freeze again for 10 ish minutes before computer completely crashes and restarts.
Cannot alt tab (which I usually can) or click anything else. Also setting down the resolution, and disabling addons had no effect.

Been really excited for 9.1.5, it’s a shame I cannot play it.

Pls fix Blizz <3

2 Likes

Same issue since patch day. Never had a problem before.

2 Likes

Blue post above. They are working on a fix.

Still frustrating.

3 Likes

Day 3 of more stuttering, freezing, random loading screens, and crashing. :3

https://c.tenor.com/7WlUt-TDNEYAAAAM/bloody-keyboard.gif

:toilet: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :wastebasket: :broom: :broom: :broom:

Still having issues with crashing. reducing the resolution scale to 50% does buy a little time before the inevitable crash in Korthica or Torgast.

I kept reading another player saying they were having good success in Comp Stomps. After finally looking into wtheck a comp stop is, I went to check one out. at 50% I had no issues. everything seemed fine, admittedly I didn’t watch my FPS, but my issue isn’t a dip in FPS. I was looking for spikes and boots. and Diago if I was lucky.

Once I bumped back up to 100, while in the BG, I was immediately kicked.

I am currently in Org with resolution at 50%. I am lag spiking in org, but not as bad as Korthika.

So if you are fiending, and need to get a quick fix. go visit the Comp Stomp. Going to check out PvP on a lowbie and see if the game is playable in other maps. Not that Arathi isn’t a classic and still awesome after all this time.

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro6,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
Processor Speed: 3.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 10 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB

AMD FirePro D300:

Chipset Model: AMD FirePro D300
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6810
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C4012F-687
VBIOS Version: 113-C4012PA-012
EFI Driver Version: 01.0D.687
Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
gMux Version: 4.0.11 [3.2.8]
Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily macOS 2

Super frustrated to say the least. The game worked great just days ago. Now it crashes every 10 mins since 9.1.5. all settings are on lowest now… still crashes out of the blue. are we getting a fix or not?

1 Like

Currently, the most effective solution is to play on PC.

This sucks, the funny thing is that the games works with bootcamp and Windows 10. Not a solution but an option if you have bootcamp setup.

I turned my graphics settings down to 3, max foreground FPS to 40, turned off Vertical Sync and Outline Mode and it has not crashed yet. Including going from Oribos to Korthia.

Turned Vertical Sync off and lowered my graphics settings down to 2. Still crashing. It just crashed on me again. I was able to stay logged in this time for a whopping three to five minutes! Then CRASH! -.-

I had previously tried all the other things mentioned except the FPS. Even at 50 it crashed. 40 seemed to fix it and it sped up the reaction times for my abilities.

AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2 GB