Game crashing after 9.1.5 on AMD GPUs

This morning I had no issues on my main. Now, later in the afternoon, my alt in the same location can’t even walk, mount, etc…
I’ve sent at least 20 crash reports. We are not hearing a thing at all from Support on what the deal is.

Is it still working for you?

Hey all,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like our engineers are tracking these crash threads. This appears to be a Metal driver bug of some kind. We are investigating further but do not have more information at this time.

Once we have more info we will update this thread. Thanks again for reaching out. Cheers!

11 Likes

Heya Shabba,

Nope. I started crashing on layer 3 of Torgast.

1 Like

im haivng same problem except computer says application is not responding??? whats going on the reinstall is almost complete lets see what happens… all started withthis patch and im running monterey

Thank you for letting us know you are working on it.

Seems to be affecting all Intel Mac users?

Same issue. I have a mac pro

Report ID EB480FDC-0314-4CAB-914B-31FE1944E640

Hi I am having this issue too. Throwing my specs out there so this problem can get resolved soon.

Macbook Pro 2015, Monterey
2.5 Ghz Quad Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 Graphics

It ran beautifully before this recent patch. Now, it freeze and crashes whenever I use skills, especially on my Demon Hunter.

been crashing every 5 mins since 9.1.5 went live. they ruined my fav game…

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro6,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
Processor Speed: 3.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 10 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB
System Firmware Version: 429.40.7.0.1
OS Loader Version: 540.40.4~45
SMC Version (system): 2.20f18
Panel Illumination Version: 1.4a6

u guys r lucky… the app wont even load on my mac-- same specs as above “application not responding”

2 Likes

This morning in Korthica, I am crashing non-stop. It’s always during an engagement. It seems to happen more towards the outer edge of the land mass, but it’s happening inland as well.

The game has been unplayable/enjoyable for almost 3 days now. Will there be any time compensation?

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well. I was getting a beachball of death every minute or so with every 3-4 death balls resulting in a hard crash. This was some pretty heavy chugging lasting for what seemed like 20-30 seconds each.

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
AMD FirePro D700 6 GB x 2

MacOs Big Sur 11.1

1 Like

I’m wiping raids and dungeons because of this.

1 Like

I’m wiping raids and dungeons because of this.

That stinks, man. Luckily for me - and everybody else - I’m not that integral to a group composition. haha. When I disconnect, they remain calm and carry on. I’m sure sometimes nobody even notices I am gone.

That’s the beauty of being undead, if you are missing, they just assume you’re dead again.

Yeah this is what happened to me as well. I guess I should state that I was mostly having these issue inside the Raid, and not so much walking around the world.

Hey all,

We’ve discovered that the majority of the players having this issue are using older AMD GPUs, and due a bug with the way the AMD drivers are handling something we’re doing in game, it’s crashing the game on those older GPUs.

We’re working on a work around for this, though we can’t fix the core bug, because we found something we can disable on our end to make things stable. Once that fix goes in we’ll let you know so you can retest.

16 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

Performance was really good pre-9.1.5

1 Like

Just checking in as well. I was able to log in, in spite of loading addons, as before 9.1.5. But once I started doing quests outside Heart of the Forest, FPS rate would dive to zero and the screen ultimately turning completely black (no UI elements visible, in addition to not seeing the world).

But I wanted to point out that it’s not just AMD, as my MacBook Pro Late 2014 (Retina 15-inch) is equipped with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB, 16GB RAM, an SSD drive running on a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7. I never upgraded past Mojave (10.14.6), since I still have some games that are 32-bit.

Going to go back in after reading the comments above and dropping all graphic settings down to bare minimum (the “1” setting in the “Graphics Quality” slider bar) make it playable in Glitterfall Basin. But stranger still, my graphics completely stall (though I can still see the world and UI) whenever I assign a target marker to one of the Lunarlight Pods (to keep track of which ones I’ve visited to unlock the Large Lunarlight Pod). Tapping the control to unmark the target, resumes my framerate of about 20 FPS.

Thanks for staying on top of this, Blizz.

Good luck and good hunting!
~~ Sabreclaw ~~

P.S.: As an aside, the fog in Torghast was (and is?) a terrible hit on FPS performance. Is there any particular graphic setting that is more likely to minimize that performance hit?

Any updates on the resolution if this issue? I am still on MacOS 11.6.1 and the retail game is unplayable, crashing or loading up very very slowly.

Is there another place where we can follow up on the status updates on the fix for this issue?

Thanks!
Anordil87

1 Like