Game crashes when i turn in a quest in the burning crusade

whenever i try to turn in a quest to archmage vargoth in his tower in burning crusade my game crashes and i get the error program:c/program files x86 \world if warcraft_retail wow.exe exception:access violation the instruction at 0x00007ff6797e72bf referenced memory at 0x000000000000000a the memory could not be read
process id:11196
thread id:5404

1 Like

Crashing in this exact moment as well on my M1 Mac.

Adding to this thread, I am also disconnecting every 10 seconds leveling in Azuremyst.

glad to know it is not just me, just remembered, this exact bug made my gaming computer BLUESCREEN a few times, it did the"we are sorry something went wrong, let us restart for you" thing, did that happen to anyone else?

Take a look at this:

I will add your thread to the list.

I think the reason that you cannot turn in that quest is that you get an item as reward what is currently bugged and it will result in the Access_violation error. I think it is the trinket “Core of Ar’Kelos” because I have it equipped on my warrior alt and as soon as I use it, the game is crashing.

Thank god I am not the only one. I am receiving that same error (but with a different Process ID and Thread ID) every time I try and turn in the quest to him. I have tried turning the quest in 4-5 times now each with a crash thinking an add on was the cause of it.

I have not received a blue screen like you mentioned however.

Here’s hoping this will be resolved in the next reset.