GAME BREAKING BUG - 14 Year veteran player near the edge of quitting

I unfortunately posted a ton of auctions that was worth up to 600-800k. This morning as soon as I did this, The server shut down message came. I logged back in just a few moments ago and I see nothing in my mailbox even tho auctions were gone from the interface. I turn off all my add ons to see if it’s a UI error. Nothing is here.

So this is where my long journey might be ending. Blizzard is this really how it’s going to end? I’m so mad at your “friendly” automatic interface for your tickets. I want to report this but I’m struggling to find a way to contact you Blizzard!

This is pure insanity and I can’t believe this and I should of seen it coming. This game is near dead to me. This whole expansion I’ve been just trying to get by and to keep myself busy. It’s been a really hard adventure since I’m so committed to this game. This really is the last straw. I was hoping to buy some WoW tokens and was thinking of pre-ordering Shadowlands but now whats even the point? Lost all my gold I worked up, whats the point? I put in the time and I lost all of it. Blizzard makes it so hard to contact them and it’s absolutely infuriating.

I want my money I made, if I don’t get it… It’s done for me. Looks like I’m changing MMOs officially if I don’t see my money come back to me. I feel like this is a break up with a girlfriend type feeling. I’m just staring into the game now and realizing they just can’t run an MMO anymore. This game had a long run but this is absolutely insane to have to leave on this note. In the end, This game just wasted my time for no reward.

Did anyone else lose any gold from auctions today? or lose their auctions completely?

15 Likes

breath buddy, they specifically stated in the launcher that “no data is being lost”.

I do however see your frustration and you right to be upset but seriously breath at least they have said something. I had the wonderfull DC issue a few days ago while I was in my vision and now im one behind so I feel you pain trust me but it will eventually get sorted.

17 Likes

that they know of.

4 Likes

I wonder how long I’ll have to wait for my money. Hours, days, weeks? if they really believe they didn’t lose data

1 Like

your not helping here >< trying to calm him down not start the 5th war lol

1 Like

The gold thing I would assume is a pretty major issue for Blizzard in terms of trying to get it sorted. Reason being that with the tokens, many people can actually put a real world monetary value on said gold. Makes sense why there is so much frustration surrounding it but I doubt Blizzard is just going to let all of that slide. We’ll see though, I could be completely wrong lol.

weeks not months™

1 Like

they sadly do not have a time frame sadly however they did explicitly say that no data is being lost. If I was a betting cow, which I am… all in on red! I would guess maybe after the maint Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday) and that’s worst case however as stated, they don’t know.

2 Likes

You place a ticket and the gm fixes it,it’s been like that forever as far as game problems.

Eh? GMs don’t fix bugs.

1 Like

Some youtuber said that they have logs of everything in the AH and you will eventually get your gold or items back but it may take a long time.

Can we please stop saying how long we’ve been playing before announcing our issues as if it somehow lends more weight to our plight? lol

13 Likes

A Gm helped me after one of the kul’tiras zones bugged for me because i faction changed

regardless they get a bug report and I bug them with ticket forever till I get a response

I think you’ll be fine. I lost thousands of gold as well, not as much as you but more than I wanted to lose…which was none.
I almost didn’t post any auctions because I thought something like this could happen, since it was a pretty big update for AH. Anyway I’m optimistic that it’ll be fixed.

When is the last time you filed a ticket asking for assistance? GM’s these days are too busy copy pasting messages to actually take the time to assist players.

No, they helped you through a bug, they didn’t fix the bug. GMs have no capacity to do anything related to the coding bugs that got brought up during the AH switch.

I remember Bethesda saying that too.

2 Likes

It’s a bug.

I’m sure they will have this sorted out.

You are going overboard.

2 Likes

Oof, Blizzard has it’s share of issues but I wouldn’t put them in THAT category lol.

3 Likes