Game becomes uninteractable

I’ve had this issue for … well ever since Shadowlands release it seems. It happens while im mid quests (instanced or not), while I’m in dungeons or raids, or while i’m just out in the open world. It happens randomly it seems and I have no idea what causes it. Basically my game stops letting me interact with it. People are running in place, I cannot cast spells, I cannot enter any instance, and I can’t even use the “exit game” button. It just doesn’t let me interact with the game at all. I can still see the chat box and talk to people using it, however. It’s weird, so the game breaks but the chat doesn’t. I have to alt-f4 and restart the game.

The list of addons I have: (I don’t even know if I can diagnose this since I don’t really know what causes it. It seems completely random)
Elvui
Decursive
Details
DBM
Exorsus Raid Tools
RC Loot Council
RC Loot Council Group Gear
Hekili
Raider,io
Weakauras
AddOnSkins
Astral Keys
Clique
GTFO
Opie
Stratafix

Hi Kuroitamashi!

I am sorry to hear you are having issues playing the game.

These are symptoms of network issues while playing the game. Basically your client is no longer communicating with the game server causing an offset (IE Lag).

When you are playing an Online game like WoW, your computer is in CONSTANT communication with the server. Your computer is relaying every keypress that you are making to the server so it can update the players around you on your actions. The server is also sending you every keypress from EVERY player in your Raid/BG.

So what can happen if you stop receiving information from the server is it looks like time has frozen. You can still move around but your computer is no longer being informed what is changing in the world around you. To the other players they probably just see you standing in one location and running in place.

Now unfortunately Network issues can be caused by many different things. To get started I would recommend following these basic troubleshooting steps to see if it helps improve your Lag/Offsets.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/99037?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution

If this doesn’t resolve your issues I would recommend recording your Trace Route using a support tool WinMTR. This can help point you in the right direction if network issues are the issue.

EDIT: Changed the blue post as this one has generic steps to follow.