Transfer aborted: instance not found

Transfer aborted: instance not found happens a lot to the point I have a naked profile on the equipment manager to save on repair bills because I keep on falling from the sky. Worst thing, it usually happens on my arena matches. So far I tried: repairing on the launcher, deleting the UI folders and addons, IP release, renew/flush dns, swapped my LAN cable ends, even tried to restore firewall to default and finally shutting firewall down in Windows Defender. This issue has been happening intermittently since I started playing Shadowlands. I am at loss. Please help me.

1 Like

Yes, please. For the love of god fix this!

This was happening in Beta. Started happening to me again since Tuesday reset!

Hey there Deenial,

This specific error indicates that a connection-related issue prevented your game client from connecting to the target game server. If you haven’t already, be sure to try these steps.

If those steps have no impact, please run a ‘WinMTR’ network test while the error occurs in-game so that we can further investigate potential network-related issues between your computer and the game server. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the WinMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I just did the steps you said deleting my addon manager, renaming my folders. I played without any addons and just fell from the sky again. Here is the result from the scan:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| DESKTOP-PEMHLA7.local - 0 | 2307 | 2307 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

|____________|||||||

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

This scan appears to be empty. Something wasn’t done correctly. I can see that there were 2307 packets sent by your Desktop computer named PEMHLA7 to the SAME computer.

I would check you are using the right “Game IP” this test is what it would look like if you metaphorically dialed your own phone number.

Hi there. Thanks. I’ll explain what I did so you guys can check if I did something wrong. So I used ipconfig on command prompt and used the IPV4 one for the data above. Currently, I use the “default gateway” on ipconfig for the MTR recording. Now while I didn’t get a transfer aborted moment in awhile, I did record a disconnect after a skirmish. Heres how it went:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.254.254 - 0 | 2147 | 2147 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |

|____________|||||||

Hi Deenial!

Sorry I have been busy. Here is your issue:

The Default Gateway is just the connection to your router in your home. So your test is only testing the connection between your computer and router. This is not going to help test any In-Game Connections.

To gather the correct IP you will need to follow:

You will know the test is working because you will see Many different connections in the test.

I hope this finds you well.

EDIT: Here is an example of what a healthy scan should look like.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/huge-lag-spikes/840744

I am having the same issue out of nowhere over the past two days. I’ve tried the ipconfig release, disabling Addons, and now I’m updating all my drivers. Even if I use reload UI before entering an instance I still have the possibility of getting the error.

Hi Strike!

I am sorry to hear you are also having issues. If you wanted to follow the above steps to post your WinMTR I wouldn’t mind looking at it. Now keep in mind Blizzard is currently handling these “Transfer Aborted” issues on a case by case. Here is another blue post talking about this issue.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/transfer-aborted-instance-not-found”-in-shadowlands/751960/31

has there been any progress on this topic? I just recently started experience it and it is crippling. I am unable to do any battlegrounds, arenas, dungeons, hearthstones, flightpaths!! EVERYTHING!! I have done every single thing recommended by everyone and nothing has worked.