Game Awards 2021 rumor: WoW on Xbox?

Please let this be just a massive amount of salt please don’t be real

1 Like

It probably isn’t real after all they are reviewing their relationship with Activision blizzard with bobby kotick at the helm still.

10 Likes

Honestly, it’d make sense on why Xbox or more accurately Phil Spencer was so quick to comment on Bobby. Is because of this potential port of WoW to consoles…

tinfoil maybe :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

That is a fair point.

Possibly unpopular opinion, but I think WoW on consoles would only be a positive thing.

Console players, is a market that Blizzard has never really explored IMHO. Only big examples are Diablo as of late and Overwatch primarily. Majority of their other products have been PC exclusive.

7 Likes

Why? What makes you upset about WoW being more available on consoles? Its not impossible. Look at ESO and FFXIV - they both play on PC AND consoles. More so FFXIV, because they have as many skills as our classes do yet they perfectly 100% work with controllers. It’s possible, it just requires a newly designed UI and targeting, that’s all.

When I started FFXIV, my friend who got me into it played on PS4 and he was VERY good at it, even when I learned red mage, I could see a level of skill difference between me and him. And he used a controller with PS4. Same thing will happen with WoW, you will be as skilled on controller/console as you are on PC.

1 Like

It’s probably not real. I just don’t see WoW being able to play with a controller.

2 Likes

It could be done. Other MMOs do it just fine.

2 Likes

Yeah but there’s too many buttons. Games like ESO and FFXIV don’t have all that much buttons to use their spells. You have six with FFXIV which is do able, and three with ESO. The other buttons could be easy because they’re not primarily used for in combat.

And those 6 buttons utilize a lot of job actions with the cross-hotbar system, and it’s way more than the average WoW class handles. So yes, it could be done.

2 Likes

WoW: Immortal: but only on your Commodore 64

5 Likes

Hmm. Maybe the only way forward is going backwards. It’s worth a shot! I’d like to think it can’t get much worse at the moment.

They actually do. Some FFXIV jobs have as many buttons as we do, their only difference is UI layout for controllers which makes it perfectly manageable.

2 Likes

It would be with all the different button combinations you can do with most controllers . It’s not like we are still in the days of

Or

TOdays controllers have more options

Also Consoles like the latest xbox can have keyboard and mouse connected

2 Likes

This reminds me of a quaint little anecdote when I was working in the gaming section of a Micro Center

Twas the eve of Burning Crusade, the announcement and people were scrambling for WoW subscriptions back in ye-olden-times of 2007.

We had the typical Karen asking for a “Wii-Station 360” and “Is GTA good for my 10-year-old” but this one story, oh this one was on the top-tier of BS that still makes me wonder what happened to the guy.

This man, walking up next to the Burning Crusade poster we have up to promote the game, asks if WoW is on or coming on to the Xbox 360. At the time this was a baseless rumor that was floating around online.

I told the man the truth: “That is actually a baseless rumor on the internet, it’s PC only man, sorry.”

And he looked at me like I was covered in green fur and taking Christmas ornaments out of Whoville,

"Well, I saw it elsewhere for Xbox 360! Your lying just cost you a customer, I’m never coming back!"

To this day I wonder where he saw this copy of WoW for the 360…

5 Likes

Controller support, Bethesda, Xbox saying hey peeps! Game pass is for PC also. Would make sense.

I think people still have that weird stick in their mind, that playing WoW on a console would mean exclusively using a controller (when they have been capable of KB+M support for at least two generations) and that using a controller would limit players to like 4 buttons.

Whether they do or don’t doesn’t really change anything for me. My view has always been that they should’ve done it back when they were advertising MoP on the 360’s dashboard, and that that particular iron hasn’t been hot for quite some time.

1 Like

it gonna be alotta work for then , u think the WOW dev gonna do alotta work ? HAHAHA dont do a scare canark , it gonna b O K

2 Likes

WoW on consoles has been a rumor for years and years now, so personally I’m not going to hold my breath. But if they did release it on consoles, it’s not like it would be any different than playing on a PC. It’d probably even (almost) require a keyboard and mouse setup, though they did add a controller option recently so that might work.

I could even see them just having crossplay from the beginning, with no new servers opening up.

They’ll turn it down if Bobby is still in the company.