Fyrakk's arms

What does Fyrakk use his arms for? They are small and his abilities are mostly his mouth and wings

Edit: talking about the dragon form

4 Likes

Are you talking about his proto-drake form? If so, all proto-drakes have small arms. They are basically the tyrannosauruses of the dragon kingdom.

4 Likes

proto dragons are like that

3 Likes

Yeah, the dragon form

Why do you need arms at all when your head is a beartrap made of lava.

7 Likes

Those tiny little arms really undermine any scene where the protodragons are trying to be threatening. That lightning-based one from the start of the expac would give these grandiose speeches about how the Titans ruined everything, but all I could do is look at those teeny little arms waving around and giggle.

10 Likes

lol

My friend feels the same about them. They see the small arms and nothing else. I see the menacing dinosaur I loved as a kid but in dragon form.

2 Likes

Fyrakk

2 Likes

Yes. They reminded me of the purely cosmetic, dangly little arms Tom Servo’s puppet has in MST3K.

3 Likes

I just think of them as flying T-rexes because otherwise they are distractingly silly

1 Like

They have little arms because the design approach to the proto-drake back in Wrath was “What if Tyrannosaurus but with wings?”

And since paleontologists can’t seem to agree on what Tyrannosaurus used its arms for (other than the fact that they did indeed use them for something; they were heavily muscled and very strong in spite of being so comparatively small). I doubt blizz knows what protodrake arms are for either.

Trex gets a bad rap for his little arms. You want to see wimpy arms look up Carnotaurus.

3 Likes

Well, almost all of them.

I honestly never looked at him close enough. Huh.

1 Like

That’s why I’m divorcing him.

Woah

8 Likes

It’s a pretty neat little detail hey! The impression I get from looking at him is that when he was empowered with all that earth magic his body basically had a bit of a blowout, which destroyed his arms. At least that’s my headcanon for it.

Yeah, they weren’t even articulated. Almost completely vestigial. Wild stuff!

2 Likes

Shaking them in anger at the cruel fate that cursed him with T-Rex arms.

2 Likes

Now I know where to get my dino questions answered

1 Like

It honestly took me a few seconds to actually spot that arm.