Future potential AH changes - link to CC thread inside

This is great, like, actually great.
Having the ability to sort by buy-out price removes the need to use addons.
However, if you’re into sniping buyouts and/or only want prices at 60-99% price mark, addons will still be mandatory - as it is on retail.

However, the issue still remains with posting auctions.
I herb. I skin. I mine. I craft. I loot. At the end of every day, my “bank-alt” gets over a dozen full mails with varies items. Addon is used to scan current prices and post it as such in less than a minute. Can’t beat that.

This is where retail AH is superior imho - it posts under the same price, without undercutting.

…and we do have “newer” players popping up here & there. And I’m sure more will come with Wrath. Current un-modded AH is not a user-friendly place. Not everyone knows about those addons, nor everyone knows how to operate them.

Can’t get everything, but this is a great change.
I, for one, never used AH addons on retail since AH revamp. I never had any need to. Built in “favorites” allowed me to instantly get everything I needed for every day gameplay - gems, pots, flasks, sharpening stones & so on.

This is great.

4 Likes

In what expansion did retail get rid of the classic AH?

Shadowlands.

I think it was 8.3 actually.

Shoot that’s really far away from Wrath.

yeah but so is mercenary mode.

4 Likes

Maybe so. I was playing Classic then, so I don’t remember for sure.

I don’t want the retail AH put into classic.

I enjoy making gold using the classic AH, and if they cut and pasted the retail version into classic, it would be a huge blow to my enjoyment of the game, and could be the final nail in the coffin for my subs. Not being melodramatic, I just particularly enjoy classic AH arbitrage, and it’s a big part of why I am still subscribed.

I’m glad they are looking at ways to improve the responsiveness of the classic AH UI/system instead of just binning it for the retail version.

3 Likes

Well, are you using TSM or auctioneer?
Because if so, retail AH won’t change anything for you really.

All modern AH will do is allow others use AH w/o addon. (which as a result will make it better for you, as far as I understand it simply won’t overload AH bandwidth)

1 Like

Retail AH doesn’t allow you to stack trade goods in various sizes, instead it is a giant bucket. I enjoy being able to sell in various convenient stack sizes.

I would prefer that they improve the speed/overloading issue without changing to the retail style for commodities.

3 Likes

Nah classic AH is horrible for anyone who isnt a scammer and it takes 50 years to load it should be gone at this point

2 Likes

Long read, but well worth it. I make my money using the AH (well, I did pre-TBCC) so anything that makes the AH less cumbersome to use should translate into more cash money for me.

AT A MINIMUM, it should not be possible to cancel an auction once a bid has been placed on a listing. This won’t completely stop Galaxybrainbank from posting 100 stacks of Large Prismatic Shards with a 1000G buyout, but it likely means the initial asking price wont be 1C. So that behavior will either be significantly diminished -OR- coupled with some sorting changes that Blizzard may implement, makes it easier for players to avoid accidentally buying-out one of those listings.

[Edit: I use Auctionator]

1 Like

Ok, and so are a lot of features. Your point?

Cute edit. I absolutely do not do that.

Maybe try making your own points instead of accusing people of things they don’t do.

I fully understand that other people prefer the retail system because it suits and benefits them. I prefer the classic system because it suits and benefits me. Neither is wrong. I’m just expressing what I enjoy about the classic AH and saying that I would not enjoy a retail AH pasted into classic. It seems to be a minority view but it’s not wrong to enjoy the classic AH.

I would prefer that Blizzard fix the speed issues and allow people to filter out pages of singles and avoid scammers (I’m fully in favour of no cancelling auctions with bids placed), rather than throwing the classic AH in the bin and replacing with the retail version.

Holy hell, you all had to suffer this garbage for years lol.

I wonder if changing the listing fee (not the 5/15% cut the AH takes on a completed sale) to a percentage of the buyout would be more effective than a percentage of the ‘vendor value’.

How is thier point not obvious? They are saying we don’t have to wait till bfa for a retail version of the AH.

Thank you for speaking for them, I appreciate it. Why don’t we have to wait till BfA for retail version of AH?

Dude… we got merc mode in classic even though we didn’t get it in retail until shadowlands or bfa i forget. So they are saying we don’t have to wait till the expansion the AH update hit. It’s not really that confusing.