Future Allied Races Thread (Discussion)

Hello all! I just wanted to open up a discussion on possible Allied Races, as if there aren’t 1000 just like it.

Still, this discussion is not exclusive to BFA, rather future expansions and points in time that would make sense to introduce said ARs.

For example, I would certainly like to see the Yaungol/Taunka (much later expansion as we just got HMTs) and the Wildhammer Dwarves (Alliance Druid potential) added in a future expansion. Others I’d like to see are the more recent Sethraak/Vulpera, and for Tali’s sake, the Tuskaar (though I probably wouldn’t play one personally).

I know I personally would be interested in a “Dragon race/class” depending on how they did it and if it made enough sense.

I’m know there’s a ton I haven’t mentioned that would be awesome, and that’s what this thread is all about! Share your ideas, and be kind to others even if you don’t agree/wouldn’t want their pick as an option.

P.S. Let’s not turn this thread into a High Elf/Giblin debate as they each have extensive/dedicated threads, but feel free to put them on your lists!

6 Likes

If we’re talking about races we personally want, the main two I really want are Ogres and Vulpera. That said, I do have others in my most wanted list and would just be happy to see both core and allied races still being added in the future.

As it is right now, with 8.2 almost on the PTR, I’m looking forward to seeing any clues for future allied races. Mostly, I will look at Gilblin and Mecha Gnome stuff, but also keep an eye out for other races.

I’ll likely type more later when I’m more awake. Theres a lot to discuss on potential races in general. ^^

3 Likes

Ogres are always a popular choice, though they certainly need to make a female vareity if they ever want that ball rolling. I wouldn’t mind seeing them or mok’nathal for that matter. Rexxar looks awesome!

4 Likes

Love those floofs <3

3 Likes

Yeah, with a proper model update, they have awesome aesthetic potential for lovers of the bison variety.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Sethrak, we must have the Sethrak.

7 Likes

I’m sure there’s a reference there that I’m just missing, so I’ll ask for clarification.

Edit: I totally misread the words. Been a long day. Oof

Go to Vol’dun, they are everywhere.

raises hand

backs slowly out of thread

4 Likes

lol, nothing wrong with either of those options, just have seen the massive portfolios that each of them have on the topic. No shame in stating why you’d want to see them in game though

1 Like

Can I sidestep both and instead suggest the Ankoahn or however the hell they decided to spell it? Some savage warrior Jinyu would be awesome.

3 Likes

Sure! Corrupted, or Uncorrupted: that is the question.

Why not both? :smiley:

1 Like

Allied races i’d really like to see in the future are

broken (draenei) A
mogu (pandaria) H
mok’nathal (orcish) H
san’layn (undead) H
taunka (tauren) H
wildhammer (dwarf) A
Satyr (night elven) A
Jinyu (pandaria) A
vrykul (human) A
forest trolls (troll) H

would also love to see actual new races

furbolg A
ogres H
Arakkoa N
Dragonkin N

it’s also be great to see more refined customization options in place of allied races (something that lightforged draenei should have been) like

less rotten undead (like the chinese model, maybe even some close to Derek)
night elven worgen (as option for worgen of course)

9 Likes

what are we without the sky

4 Likes

Insert El Dorado gif here

1 Like

:mage::woman_mage:LEPER GNOMES!!!:mage::woman_mage:

♪ Lil bit O Leper Makes EVERYTHING BETTER! ♪

2 Likes

Oh, no! Leprosy is a horrible disease! Except “pretty leprosy,” which actually makes your skin look nice, soft, shiny… until it kills you.

2 Likes

Now that, my friend, is a fantastic list.

1 Like