Future Allied Races Thread (Discussion)

Undead humans (Like Nathanos) for the Horde
Lightbound forsaken or something like that for the Alliance.

3 Likes

wish I could find the allied race suggestion list I posted on the last thread I saw like this… but not sure which alt I posted it on. let me look around.

1 Like

found it.

vulpera, ogres, mechagnomes, junker gnomes, gilblins, hozen, furbolg, taunka, yaungol?, ethereals, arrakoa (cursed, and uncursed), san’layn?, lightbound undead, high elves, sethrak, saberon, botani?, faceless?, naga?, eredar?, broken draenei, jinyu, intelligent gorillas, wildhammer dwarves, tol’vir or whatever those guys in uldum are called, nerubians?, sand trolls, forest trolls, other troll types, dragonmaw orcs, dragonkin, dragons in humanoid form?, aqir or whatever the dudes in silithus/ahn’qiraj are called?, saurok?, mantids?, tortollans, grummles, ghosts?, skeletons?, undead elves?, demons of various kinds?, moonkin?, vrykul, kvaldir?, tuskarr, sporelings?, sand gnomes?, lightforged demons?, titan keepers?, earthen, iron dwarves, frost dwarves or whatever, elemental spirits?, centaurs, quillboars, gnolls?, blood trolls?, dryads, murlocs? mogu? ok i’ll stop.

(those with question marks are either “evil” or otherwise would be hard to explain or work into playable lore)

basically I want to see a lot of races lol

but I know most disagree with my feelings

anyway it’s more interesting if people think up what racial abilities they would have

1 Like

Well depending on how long WoW continues, you never know. Maybe not all, but some of these are bound to make the cut in time.

PS: Let’s not turn this thread into a High Elf/Giblin debate as they each have extensive/dedicated threads, but feel free to put them on your lists!

You know me all too well.

1 Like

Well you know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So my current top 10 most wanted list for core and allied races are as followed:

1. Ogres (Horde)
  2. Vulpera (Horde)
  3. Naga (Either)
  4. Jinyu (Alliance)
  5. Hozen (Horde)
  6. Sethrak (Horde preferred, but either)
  7. Saurok (Horde)
  8. Gilblin (Horde)
  9. San’layn (Horde)
  10. Arrakoa (Either)

Generally speaking, I’ll be excited regardless of what allied races get revealed. I look forward to seeing the storylines that lead new races into the Horde and Alliance. New races are my favorite type of addition to a MMORPG. ^^

4 Likes

I remember them discussing Naga as a potential a while back. Why not just make a variant with legs that aren’t Bruisers if that’s the issue? Or better yet, make a scenario that “cures” that part of them, granting legs and just have it change back when in water (similar to a “racial swim form”). Think of it as the Little Mermaid, just more complicated.

1 Like
  1. Undead Elves/ Sanlayn
  2. Tigon (troll version of worgen, but with big cats)/saberon
  3. Vulpera
  4. Moknathal
1 Like

Here’s my list ^^

1. San’layn
  2. Vulpera
  3. Saurok
  4. Arakkoa
  5. Sethrak

All of the above I’d roll ^^ I’ve never played a beast race before, but 2-5 would be really cool, in my opinion. I never want to see Lightforged undead, personally.

3 Likes

WoW is very much missing a lizardman race of some kind. I hope we eventually get one of some kind, as they are my favorite fantasy race.

3 Likes

Dude I’ve been thinking the same thing! Though Saurok lorewise are essentially savage brutes that can’t be reasoned with. Not a huge fan of their models either (but updates could always change my mind).

I’d like to see something closer to a Crocodile/Alligator, Leopard Gecko, or a Monitor Lizard (Komodo Dragon/Nile Monitor). Either would be awesome if done right. Sethrak are a good alternative, but I’d like one of the others too.

1 Like

My list :drooling_face:
1-Wildhammer
2-Queldorei
3-Ogres
4-Forest troll
5-Sanlayn
6-Undead Humans (Nathanos)

3 Likes

I really want to see some Wildhammer Druids! Their tank form would obviously be an awesome looking bear of some sort, but what of their feral? A griffin-like creature (minus wings)? Worked with the owlcats, so who really knows.

1 Like

I would like to see a New Undead Race… with more customization option than what the Forsaken have… Like be a Skeleton, or look like all ghostly, shadowy Wraith or be like those new red eye vampiric looking undead that Sylvanas have been raisin lately… or even San’layn (Darkfallen) would be cool specially if added with a new class like Blood Mage, Lich, Necromancer or Dark Ranger… Beyond DK, Warlocks and Shadow Priest we don’t have many classes that tap into the powers of Death, Blood, Shadow or Decay. I guess the class doesn’t matter much but it be cool to have more classes to match new AR undead. :star_struck:

Beyond that I like Ogres, specially with an option to look as strong and big as Rexxar as we already have sexy fat races in the Kul’tiran and Pandas. :heart_eyes:
Or Vrykul would be cool to have too! Maybe there is a small small size tribe of them existing in Azeroth somewhere that could join…? :man_shrugging:t2:

Dragon Races or Naga would be cool too… but even Blizzard has admitted in the past that they have consider them since Vanilla but they be too hard to implement…in comparison to other existing races, starting with the different equipment they use or not use, if I remember correctly on that old interview. :thinking:

Hmmm, I think that pretty all the races I like to see really see… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Everyone is forgetting the one race that would be a great neutral race and its been living on Uldum the entire time… the Ramkahen (Tol’vir)! Theyre one of the ones I’ve wanted for a long time.

Other than them, I want Arrakoa, Sethrak, Vulpera, Moknathal and Ogres

1 Like

My predictions remain unchanged. Datamining from 8.2 made me way more sure of what I had wrote before:

So, the update to my old post:

• Vulpera got an icon for Brewfest alongside many allied races.
  • It’s now confirmed that junker gnomes have playable quality models that can use gear.
  • It’s not confirmed that ankoan use NPC models.
  • I still need confirmation, but the new gilblin models are also NPC-quality.

To me, it’s all but confirmed next allied race pair will be vulpera and junker gnomes. Above 90% chance for both.

3 Likes

Fantastic list! Very plausible options!.

Only thing I would add is that there is a gender difference in the Sethrak. I have encountered only a few females, but they exist. Also, their Loa is essentially a female model (just shiny and zappy). Still, they have a lot of work if they were to become a candidate.

1 Like
  • I still need confirmation, but the new gilblin models are also NPC-quality.

An HD Gilgoblin model has been seen in one of the previews and keep in mind that the PTR has only been out for a short time. Especially as the goblin model updates approach, it is quite possible those models will get updated. It is also worth noting that in wowmodelviewer Gilgoblins have more animations done for them than Vulpera males do. Female Gilgoblins would likely be the same.

There’s a proposal of Naga that are able to turn back into something closer to their original form so it’s a bit like Worgen. Solves most of the issues.

Broken/Mok’nathal
Vrykul/Ogres
HIgh Elves/San’layn
Wildhammer/Forest Trolls
Night Elf Worgen/Satyr
Jinyu-Ankoan/Hozen
Sea Elven Werenaga/Gilblin
Sethrak/Vulpera
?/Man’ari

Saurok, Quillboar, are all neat as well.

I’d like Fel Orcs, Man’ari, Nightborne, and Broken as options for demon hunters.

2 Likes