"Fun Guy" title and gender pronouns

Hello Blizzard, my character looks “male” and is locked into the “Fun Guy” title as opposed to “Fun Gal.” Please remove the forced gender titles and do not assume gender pronouns. Please allow us the opportunity to choose both titles as either gender. Thank you.

48 Likes

I love this game.
Let’s see what Blizzard will ban next.

127 Likes

I totally want “Cazy Cat Lady” on my male Dwarf.

And “Lord of War” is too cool to be gender specific.

38 Likes

From a strictly technical point of view, you’re asking for a whole lot of work.

The databases of all genderbound items will need to be updated to not hold 2 variables but 5. (maybe more, I’m only on my first cup of coffee)
It’s a ton of work for something only a minority will use.

And the people here get mad a painting got replaced taking up work that should have been put elsewhere. :woman_shrugging:

13 Likes

No. If you want the fun gal title then see the barber and turn female.

127 Likes

Why?

7 Likes

Download the TRP3 addon, why not? Then you can have whatever title you want!

At first, I didn’t like this thing because it made the tooltips look different. But now I like it!

17 Likes

No no, the OP has a point.

We need to be inclusive so the gender locked titles need to go.

If a player has attained the achievement they should be able to choose if they want masculine or feminine pronouns REGARDLESS if they present as as ingame male or female.

We also need nonbinary alternatives as well.

Instead of Crazy Cat Man/Lady we could also have the option for Crazy Cat Person.

15 Likes

ok, this is insane

121 Likes

Can we get “Fun Thing”?

9 Likes

I always thought it was bizarre that both male and female characters got “Lord of the Reins” but not “Lord of War”. I know it’s probably supposed to be a LotR nod, but still.

6 Likes

Pretty sure helping minorities is something that this company should be putting first after the horrible past it has. I’m fine if the next 3 years are spent in Shadowlands if they fix this awful representation.

5 Likes

Agreed. And thankfully the developers are making very progressive additions to the game.

3 Likes

Fun Person sounds like a cool title.

5 Likes

Not necessarily. The titles for both genders could be available for every toon that earned them, regardless of barber shop gender choice.

So coding wise, each gender-sensitive title would be removed, and two gender-agnostic titles (like all other titles) would be added in its place.

E.g. Gender-sensitive “Fun Guy/Gal” title removed, and in its place “Fun Guy” and “Fun Gal” titles both appear as options when choosing title.

5 Likes

Ah yes, I also added the mogs to the equation of having non-binary genders. But if strictly titles, they could just add both.

Is warlord gender specific?

Threads like this utterly infuriate me.

I have a friend who would give anything to be able to just ‘pop over’ to the barbershop and change their sex to match their gender. Having people, in a game where that is available, actually requesting the ability to have characters with mismatched sex and gender, not only demonstrates just how little people understand the situation but how completely insensitive they are to it.

17 Likes

Uhm, there’s no black and white here.

Some people feel feminine without the need of having a feminine body, and thus identify more with the male body than the female.

4 Likes

stay tuned, it only gets worse from here…

28 Likes