Fun detected

Pretty low int take.

You got a Lv70 boost, 30 days free sub, a mount, the latest expac, and some other things too. After the game time, 30 day sub, I bought the epic edition because I was just getting back into WOW and wanted to have the lv70 so I could start unlocking the races while MOP remix was happening.

I didn’t learn that I got to dunk on the poors until AFTER I bought the package.

So, your take is wrong and you should feel bad.

3 Likes

You are the embodiment of why their marketing tactics worked lol.

Question, what whale is best?

False, the Early Access Whale.

1 Like

You know you can use gold to buy WoW tokens, and then turn that into Blizzard Balance, right? Most of us bought the expansion with gold.

I mean it’s nothing I would have ever thought about again had it not turned into some colossal outrage scenario where I witnessed first world people acting as if Blizzard was selling life boat seats off the Titanic.

The reason it’s funny is that I would have expected most people in developed nations to be able to scrounge up an extra $25 over the course of an entire year, if not doing so was going to carry consequences they considered dire enough to be this upset over it.

1 Like

Who’s “most of us”? Got a list of the people who bought with money or blizz bucks? Would love to see it.

You are missing the point if you think the amount or the money itself is the issue. I am rather well off for the average American, as most of the people playing this game probably are. The issue is all the things that we put up with from this company, and the people that enable it bending over backwards with their fists full of money, putting all the voices of the people that want change down.

2 Likes

You just want to be upset. Hope you have a better day, truly.

I accept your admission.

I paid extra for the physical 20th anniversary box. I have every collectors edition since vanilla and it had nothing to do with early access.

Everyone’s disposable income is different. You do not need to be a “whale” to collect things and enjoy the things you buy. /shrug

4 Likes

The base expansion didn’t come with any game time… so it was really only $25 extra, since the epic version came with a month of game time.

I bought it, but the early access (and beta access) did not really affect my decision. I was already buying the Heroic edition for $70, and the extra $5 for the pet was good enough for me. The early access was just gravy.

I didn’t even bother to use the beta.

2 Likes

lol “ban” what a cry baby

1 Like

I suppose it doesn’t matter to me because if Blizzard did something I considered intolerable I would just quit playing their game. $15/month plus a token here or there so I don’t have to farm gold, and $60-90 every 2ish years is a pretty minor expense for something I typically get several hours a week’s worth of entertainment out of.

Not nerfing leveling. They are fixing the scaling. Listen to asmon less and try some critical thinking for a change.

3 Likes

Oh, you haven’t gotten the mo yet? It is Everyone’s fault who spent their Own money on something they wanted vs those who had to prioritize and didn’t have the extra money to throw around.

Just like it’s my neighbors fault their house costing a little over $300k and my own house cost me $ 210K or how he has a brand new 2024 Dodge, and I’m driving a 2018. It isn’t because he works harder and earned the right to spend his disposable income, it’s because I can’t.

These people using words like “Whales” to describe another paying customer spending their money on something they enjoy is damn stupid. They have it, I want it, and so I’m going to try my damnedest to insult them for it. :+1: :disguised_face:

The nerf isn’t going to be very severe, it’s a scaling adjustment.

Please stop blindly following Asmongold and come up with your own opinions using logic and reasoning.

2 Likes

If Blizz has taught us anything over the years, always exploi- er I mean, take advantage of in game mechanics early and often

2 Likes

The leveling rate will hardly be changed. It’s a scaling adjustment. OMG OMG now intead of 2 or 3 shotting mobs it may take you 4 or 5… a .5 second difference in killing something oh boo hoo.

Stop following Asmongold and come up with your own opinions using logic and reasoning,.

Blizzard out to ruin the new expansion like they ruined Pandaria Remix !!!

3 Likes

There is a difference between a true exploit and just taking advantage of a favorable situation.

This is the latter. Blizzard was no doubt watching this game and data generated from early advantage players like a hawk and easily could’ve/should’ve identified this “problem” within minutes of true launch (the 22nd) and “fixed” it then. Arguably their own internal testing should’ve identified and fixed it way before now…it isn’t like they don’t have access to toons with easy access to all gear levels they could’ve experimented with.

The “right” thing to do is leave it alone. Leveling dungeons and “indestructible” players zerging them is a quickly self-fixing issue. Left of bell curves who can’t handle it have access to follower dungeons where they can literally set their own pace to avoid any degenerate gameplay.