Fun detected. Must destroy beep bop

We’ve been thinking about this plan more today and agree that there are probably better ways to approach this issue. We’re going to hold off on this for the time being while we discuss.

From Yth.

1 Like

One day in the Blizzard HQ…

No fun allowed siren activates

Blizzard employee: “Whats this?! Wow players are finding ways to level faster?!”

Other Blizzard employee: “We better do something about this!”

Blizzard employee: “You’re right! Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?”

New guy: “How about we make other ways for players to level their alts? Maybe we could add something actually fun and engaging into the game that helps them level!”

New guy gets thrown out the window

Blizzard employee: “Does anyone here have an actual good suggestion?”

Other Blizzard employee: “How about we just make it to where they cant turn off experience around level 110? That way they would no longer be able to level their friends quickly and they would have to go back to grinding quests!”

Blizzard employee: “Perfect!”

This is what I imagine goes on when they make their decisions.

7 Likes

I think youre overthinking it, I imagine they are all hooked on rng so much they just have 12 issues they put up on a wheel and spin

5 Likes

That’s also a good possibility on how they handle things.

Can’t wait for wow classic

Hopefully the fact that they had not already added this, and reconsidered the change has registered already.

2 Likes

If past history shows anything, it will get stealth hotfixed in next week…

The fact it was on their radar, and was indeed going to be implemented is the real cause for concern.

2 Likes

if you’ve been around long enough, you’d know how late they can be to the ‘Play Nice Play Fair’ party. they could make Island Time look punctual

I hope so. I honestly think this is the worse idea. I refuse to play end game with Ilvl scaling. But I’d like to get as far as I can before I hit 119 and turn off my XP at 119 to complete the content I can. :rainbow:

They are putting it on hold and going to see if they can find a different solution.

1 Like

TY for the post link. :rainbow:

You should read to the end of the thread, or at least to the post linked below. The decision has been recanted.

Edited to add: I’m slow. :sweat_smile: :laughing:

Blizzard perpetually dropping the soap at all the wrong times.

Sadly no, they’re disabling exp lock for any toon 110+.

My money’s on 2am on sunday.

If you want to turn off XP then you should not buy BfA.

Keep Resisting!

This. This is probably what actually goes on down there. preach brother.

1 Like

Someone has a video to their reaction regarding this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk

I probably haven’t posted anything since WOTLK or WOD. I really can’t remember the last time I was even on the forums. I recently came back to WoW and before my month was up, I quit again.

I can’t believe Blizzard would even entertain the idea of putting a stop to ‘Twinking’. I can’t believe how horrible everything has gotten, it’s sickening really and I’ll tell you why.

Video games have been an activity for people to do extraordinary things and to role play extraordinary tales. Games and altering game play have always come hand in hand. Since the days of Game Genie and other methods of cheat codes, people have always wanted to enjoy exceedingly powerful situations. MMORPGs are no different.

Video games are meant for the consumer to enjoy themselves and Blizzard has lost sight of this very basic fact. Video games were never intended to be a second job, or for people to spend their real lives laboring away for a mediocre experience.

Video games were intended for consumers to have an extraordinary experience and to have a blast doing it. Blizzard continually takes away all the enjoyment out of their product and replaces it with gimmicky time grasping concepts which is a tactic that WILL bite them in the behind, in the end.

I’m glad I unsubscribed from WoW and I will never play this game again until they sell off the IP and more sensible people are at the helm. Because the people running the IP right now are nothing more than opportunistic predators.