Fun detected. Must destroy beep bop

Lol they disabled xp turn off at 110 Becuase they couldn’t stomach people skipping their content on their alts and having their friends power level them thru Islands.

Islands which btw is content they want people to do but a lot of people don’t enjoy it and the ones who did them will now have one less reason to do.

Keep forcing a certain play style on the player base and keep taking away fun and convenient things and keep watching your player base shrink. You have no idea what you’re doing anymore.

Flying fun and convenient - taken away
Deleting keys making M+ more fun - take. Away

Islands making leveling alts easier and enabling community interactions between players and benefiting the economy thru the process where people with obscene amounts of gold paid othrrr people to carry islands - taken away

What can we expect from blizzard next?

18 Likes

D: i hope my 111 with xp lock is safe

Let me see if I understand this correctly.

Some folks figured out a way to make IE’s appealing and that would encourage people to run them more. And in doing so, this allowed people to have a nice way to level alts, given that the XP from Faction Assaults is not very enticing like invasions were in Legion.

But Blizz thinks that doing this is a form of unauthorized and inappropriate fun, so it will be removed.

And as a bonus, the “fix” to this problem will not only solve the inappropriate and unauthorized fun associated with IE’s, but it will also impact people that use XP off at 110+ for it’s intended purposes, thereby irritating and annoying those folks as an extra added “benefit” of this change, which will undoubtedly make it more likely that those folks won’t stick around through BfA.

If this is really that big of a problem, couldn’t they just prevent toons with XP off from doing IE’s instead of messing up the use of XP off for anyone at 110+?

Maybe I’m just a big dumb cow, but I swear, I just don’t understand why they do much of what they do these days when trying to “fix” things that they think are “broken.”

/moo :cow:

15 Likes

No, people were selling runs XD My friends aren’t that nice to carry my alts like that.

2 Likes

I adressed that in my OP as well. thats good for the economy

1 Like

Definitely NOT fun. LOL :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::expressionless::expressionless::face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Don’t forget making sure to remove portals from the Shrines in Pandaria, so players will have one less option for moving around. Funnel, funnel, funnel.

The most important metric is “are players doing what we want the way we want them to, or are they doing unauthorized things like making their own fun and circumventing the hoops we want them to jump through?

6 Likes

Good thing they’re fixing one of the major problems with wow
/s
OP: This is just a joke and their shooting themselves in the foot with the absurd change. “Play the game but you have to play it our way”. Ya great idealism Blizzard take more choices away from players that really works out for games.

4 Likes

To be fair that was actually a bandaid that the devs put on, and then forgot to actually implement a fix before removing that bandaid.

even more reasons to have lowered expectations…

We’ve been thinking about this plan more today and agree that there are probably better ways to approach this issue. We’re going to hold off on this for the time being while we discuss.

From Yth.

1 Like

One day in the Blizzard HQ…

No fun allowed siren activates

Blizzard employee: “Whats this?! Wow players are finding ways to level faster?!”

Other Blizzard employee: “We better do something about this!”

Blizzard employee: “You’re right! Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?”

New guy: “How about we make other ways for players to level their alts? Maybe we could add something actually fun and engaging into the game that helps them level!”

New guy gets thrown out the window

Blizzard employee: “Does anyone here have an actual good suggestion?”

Other Blizzard employee: “How about we just make it to where they cant turn off experience around level 110? That way they would no longer be able to level their friends quickly and they would have to go back to grinding quests!”

Blizzard employee: “Perfect!”

This is what I imagine goes on when they make their decisions.

7 Likes

I think youre overthinking it, I imagine they are all hooked on rng so much they just have 12 issues they put up on a wheel and spin

5 Likes

That’s also a good possibility on how they handle things.

Can’t wait for wow classic

Hopefully the fact that they had not already added this, and reconsidered the change has registered already.

2 Likes

If past history shows anything, it will get stealth hotfixed in next week…

The fact it was on their radar, and was indeed going to be implemented is the real cause for concern.

2 Likes

if you’ve been around long enough, you’d know how late they can be to the ‘Play Nice Play Fair’ party. they could make Island Time look punctual

I hope so. I honestly think this is the worse idea. I refuse to play end game with Ilvl scaling. But I’d like to get as far as I can before I hit 119 and turn off my XP at 119 to complete the content I can. :rainbow: