Full PVE servers

nope. Come Monday they will need a LOT of PVE servers.

2 Likes

but that means there are fewer sheep for them to prey on. it’s always ‘hey all you PvE scrubs come play with us tough guys on PvP realms’ then unsaid but what they really mean to add at the end ‘my level 60 needs more level 30’s to gank.’

From my experience in vanilla-wrath PvP servers clearly 80% or more wPvP is max level toons killing people who have NO chance. or groups picking off solo players as soon as high levels come to challenge them they run and hide/log off look in other zones for low levels to pick on.

3 Likes

I would like to see 2 more PvE one PST one EST. I would also like to see an EST RP-PvP added. ideally they would spin this up today or tomorrow to give name reserve people a chance to jump on them first as I suspect a LOT of resubs coming this weekend in preparation for Monday.

No, more like 70:30

If they don’t add PVE servers before launch, adding them later won’t do any good.

Most of the last minute subs will be people who have already played WoW before. They’ve seen low pop servers turn into dead realms and they’ll avoid any ‘new’ or ‘low’ server to join high and full, just putting more stress on full servers.

If they open them now, many people will reroll for lesser queues, making the population at least ‘medium’ by launch, which will encourage resubs to pick them.

3 Likes

More servers! Glad they did.

They have completely underestimated the player response to Classic servers. Blizzard needs to add at least another half dozen regular PVE servers. They’d be crowded if they had double the number of all types of servers that they have now.

Well the last PvE server they announced Old Cheney or somethin has yet to appear on the list, so maybe they holdin it back, or he shot someone duck hunting again.

2 Likes

Old Blanchy and Westfall will be added at launch tomorrow. Wish they would go ahead and open them up today for name reservations.

1 Like

If you haven’t notice blizzard has a pretty big bias in favor of pvp right now in general.

1 Like

Oh, I dunno, weapon skills are gonna send most out the door back to BfA.
We will see though. EQ has 10ish of these servers, but it’s only the one population of folk jumping around, being manipulated by RMTs. Their new TLPs lose their shine about 3months - 6months in on average now because the RMTs are so dominant in the game.
We will see what happens to WoW. I came to support it. I really loved the Classic WoW, warts and all. Just keep Eyeonix away from any Shaman Fixes.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go anywhere close to that far. PvP, in particular World PvP is where a LOT of the "emergent gameplay can happen. Playing on a PvE Realm, your ability to experience that is greatly diminished.

It just also happens that 90+% of that “emergent Gameplay” on a PvP server happens to be somebody simply being a censored because they can. So while I’ll miss the tension of playing on a PvP realm, and some of the random player events that happened both good and bad because of it. The balance of things says I’ll be happier on the PvE side.

This is what I came here to see, thank you

Huh? This was never really an issue for anyone. A minor annoyance at the worst of times.

I wish they would too, but realistically I guess if they do, all that will happen is oodles of people will make characters there and it will read as ‘full’ as well.

That’ll happen tomorrow at 1PM EDT anyway, most people should be subbed by then.

For me it comes down to that I don’t like ganking so I see no reason to subject myself to being ganked. The occasional TM/SS battle or what not is fun but those are so rare it’s just not worth it.

2 Likes

Right, but then it would look like they had not solved the problem and they’d have to do it again. :slight_smile:

It’s all bogus anyway, these days (with their amazing phasing and cross realm stuff especially) it is easy to spin up new capacity and servers in reaction to the demand. So this whole nonsense of limited and “full” servers is just a marketing exercise.

Well, yeah. They are intentionally limiting the capacity of servers because when layering is removed they will only support around 4k concurrent users. I think they overestimate how many will quit.

You will be playing while they are stuck in a queue. Want to wsg? No problem. With the population imbalance they will have problems.