Full bis from naxx = tbc toon

I know from experience how powerful naxx gear can be, so powerful that from what i heard they had to go ahead and release tbc just shortly after naxx was originally released. If you gear up a class like lets say warlock, mage, rogue, (or i guess hunters? Not too sure about this one), and theres some very useful things for shadow priest and ele shaman as well like that one wizard hat looking thing (i think its called the perceptors hat, i might be wrong), but anyway they can literally do as much dps, and have as much hp as an early-mid (if not even later as well) geared toon from tbc, if those players are not only full bis geared, but also have all of the best consumes and world buffs on. Thats how powerful it really is.

But the real question is, how many will be able to get that far? How long would that even take? Being full bis and fully buffed will literally change the vanilla experience like a night and day difference.

5 Likes

Tier 2.5 and Tier 3 are very good. Raids that have farmed out all the BiS from AQ40 and Naxxaramas can go straight into Karazhan and Gruul’s/Mag’s and won’t replace some things until Tier 5 gear. Possibly Tier 6 for certain really good items.

As for how many can get that far. Some seem to think that all of Vanilla/Classic raiding is LFR difficulty level.

My bet has been that the average guild will struggle starting at some point in BWL and many won’t get past Princess Huhuran or Twin Emperors. C’thun is similar in difficulty to Yogg Saron +1/0. A few early wing bosses in Naxxaramas will be doable and help feed the raid some gear. In other words I think it will be a challenge for most.

11 Likes

Well considering the phasing which many seems to think it may 12-18 months before Nax is available to raid and the limited amount of gear dropping from each boss. I’d say it will be about 2 years before top guilds have most of their members in Tier 3.

3 Likes

The real guild killer is burnout from content droughts, not raid bosses.

4 Likes

It wont change it, because by then the Server will be seasoned enough to have a lot of people hopefully in that gear or close to it.

I mean whats the appreciable difference between.

Tier 3
AQ 40
Rank 13/14

Thats ‘end game’ level stuff right?

Not me! Naxx gear is the sun, yet I will still be like Icarus and fly as high as I can

5 Likes

This is 1.12. People are going to fly through the early raid tiers. The days of raiding MC and BWL and to some extent AQ 40 taking hours and hours are gone. Raiding 4-5 times a week is no longer going to be a thing.

Burn out won’t be an issue.

Pun intended, but people will be hitting Naxx “fresh”. Not jaded and burnt out like a lot of us were.

1 Like

TBC wasn’t released due to T3 being too strong. It was released to keep subscribers happy with new content.

That being said, T3 was crazy OP. Looking at the warlock T3 (L60) compared to warlock T4 (L70) the T4 had 5 set pieces and T3 had 9. If you compared the 5 at L70 to the same 5 at L60 the stats were very very comparable.

T4
183 stam
157 intel
4.25% hit
4.71% crit
203 spell damage

T3
142 stam
101 intel
4% hit
4% crit
183 spell damage

Only a difference of 20 spell damage from L60 to L70, and less than 1% hit and crit. Most of the players that had acquired T3 set pieces at L60 wore that gear until they entered Karazhan and started replacing it with T4.

Let’s also not forget that when the game was released almost all the gear was very very poorly itemized, so when you finally got into Naxx and acquired some T3, it was itemized really well, so it was night and day better than most previous gear.

2 Likes

So naive and historically inaccurate

Too bad we’re not in the past where BWL took longer than a day to be cleared after release, right?

2 Likes

Gear isn’t easy to come by in vanilla. Content droughts will be spent farming raids for gear. There’s so much you can do in vanilla.

1 Like

We’ll see if that is the mean average. A lot of people are going to come to Classic expecting it to be LFR difficulty, without studying the boss fights, without an optimal raid. We’ll see how they do.

Burnout is a serious problem in all raid levels. I predict we’ll see more guild breakups/recruitment drives over bosses a guild can’t down than boredom.

Private server people are an anomaly here, because you have basically played a sketchy PTR forever. So if that is your point of view I can’t understand why care one way or another.

1 Like

Yup, and even going back to AQ/Naxx/BWL at max for those sweet trinkets :ok_hand:

1 Like

Pretty much.

40 man raid + “spares” and only 2 to 3 epic drops per boss kill on average, you can figure on 15 to 20 boss kills for the full raid to have “mostly” completed their farm of that particular encounter(RNG is a pain).

So Blizzard is likely looking at roughly 4 to 6 months (16 to 24 weeks) between raid content phases. The earliest I’d expect to see Naxxramas release for raiding is in September of 2020(4 months of MC, 4 months of BWL, and 4 months of AQ40), with it possibly being as late as January 2021(5 to 6 months of MC(people need to hit level 60 after all, “average players” should take 2 to 3 months to do so at a minimum)), 4 to 6 months of BWL. and 4 months of AQ40) I’m inclined to suspect they’re going to “somewhat” mirror the original release cycle though. I say “somewhat” because parts of it will likely be accelerated slightly.

For example, WoW launched in NA on the 23rd of November, but Blackwing Lair didn’t open for raiding until July 12th. Or roughly 33 weeks. I’m inclined to suspect it’s going to be no more than 6 months this time around, but as this depends in part on how “the community” does rather than the top N% of the player population, it might stretch out to 7 months, but I highly doubt it will get anywhere near the original 33 weeks.

After that, the AQ gate opening event started on January 3rd, 2006 with some realms being inside AQ by the end of the month. So we’ll pencil that one in as originally being “about 6 months.” I wouldn’t be surprised to see this get bumped up by a month or more. (and people knowing what the war effort needs, will likely have mats stockpiled in advance, so opening the gates is unlikely to take 3+ weeks like the first time)

Naxx followed suit on June 20th, 2006, about 5 months later. Again, I could see this being accelerated by “about a month” but find it highly unlikely they’d push it back by one to make it a 6 month interval.

So I’d give decent odds there are a lot of people who will Naxx on “full farm” by February 2021. At that point it’s going to depend on a number of factors that nobody can reliably make predictions on at present.

Not having the instance servers crash certainly helps in making 1 day clears possible.

fond memories of 100s of dead people from raids in a giant dead body totem pole from one of those, have to check , for some unknown reason I may not have taken a SS, it was one of those interesting scenes for sure.

Naxx is amazing but honestly just about everyone has some pretty amazing sets. Warriors increase exponentially with gear as well. Just about everyone can make a build that can instagib you if you blink. One second your alive and the next your dead.

I look forward to having the best Naxx gear/Enchants along with everything else to min/max as I grind HK’s all day long. Get Naxx gear and farm people. That is the good life.

This is partially true. Alot of naxx gear will last until tier 4ish but it’s all gonna be gone by the time they hit tier 5 outside of a very few outlying pieces of gear.

Alot of tier 4 set bonuses are essential to raiders and once blizzard fixed weapon dps the weapons from tier 4 across the board will replace those from naxx.

1 light wasn’t similar to 0 light. The difference in difficulty was
 vast.

1 Like

Rep grind, is serious buisness in classic
 even the regular ones you want high since it helps on repair costs, the sheer costs in repair and gold drainage on top tier raiders was no joke