Full bis from naxx = tbc toon

The amount of people with full BIS naxx from Classic was tiny and will probably be tiny for the first few years after the new classic servers release so this is a non-issue.

Content droughts were only ever a thing once we got things like Raid Tier skipping, LFD and LFR. Before this the only crying regarding content was there being “too much” and “not enough time” and “I have 10 kids, 8 parrots and 5 wives and I want to see everything too”. Once people got everything handed to them easily they of course complained their wasn’t more content. This is why you never cater to whiners.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of parrots …

2 Likes

spiders kiss is one of the few items I can remember that somehow survived into late tier 4

Nels tear and the burrowers shell was very, very useful in pvp, loved them.

I hope you’re excited for content droughts in Classic WoW, where everything is cleared same day release, MC not withstanding, and there’s no new content beyond that for 6+ months

Alts were also a thing in vanilla…

1 Like

Yea and those are the people who seem to forget that they won’t be running the optimal gear from the previous raid at the start of each new raid release.

Are classic raids as mechanically hard as modern ones? no. I will counter that point by saying you have far more chances to screw up your mechanics because the fights are longer and more importantly there are more people in the raid so more potential for human error.

Maybe per progression patch. But this is 1.12. IF pservers are any indication, which i believe there is some hint of indication there, bosses will roll over and die quickly.

If we are talking about the hardcore progression guilds who are going to be 40 consistent players with no turn over only consisting of the best raiders on the server? Maybe… If we are talking about your average semi-hardcore group that can field 30 consistently and have occasionals/pugs for the other spots where sometimes you lose someone to poaching/other commitments? I think not.

Also if the Beta has shown us anything it’s that a lot of the Pserver data is wrong when it comes to things like when abilities are triggered, armor values, resistances, the finer details of how mechanics work… There was a lot found to be wrong. The higher end the content the less exposure there was to it so it stands to reason that the farther into the raids you go the more incorrect the Pserver data will prove to be

Unfortunately many of us casuals will be half blues half exalted bg epics.

Meaning I’ll have to be punching 150% my weight class to have a chance… Just like vanilla lol.

My endgame 2h had 64 dps, the PvE dingus 2h had 94 dps…

its not that the raids were too hard, its that people burnt out on the game before they ever got that much gear

getting geared is a massive time commitment

i bet the top guilds will roll through basically everything shortly after its released, including naxx

the semi hardcore crowd will take longer, and many will break up due to taking too long/people moving on. the casual crowd still wont get past razor gore

1 Like

C’thun is similar in difficulty to Yogg Saron +1/0

Pre-nerf C’thun, yes. Both were very close to unkillable.

Post-nerf C’thun (i.e., the version that was killed) is not anywhere near as hard as no-light Yogg. Only two guilds in the entire world killed Yogg 0 as current content before the release of ToC.

Yogg 0 is also probably the most mechanically challenging fight of all time, either that or Kael’thas from TBC. C’thun has real mechanics, but none of them have the real sophisticated interplay and snowball effects of the Yogg 0 mechanics.

By the time people are in full naxx, if you are only in blues/bg rep epics, well the time investment difference is reflected in the gear.

I expect to be in Rank 13, by the time people are in Naxx. If not R14.

1 Like

Outside of raiding there isn’t much opportunity for competitive gear aside from R14, which I won’t have time for these days. T.5 and exalted epics will be my BIS.

That was always my biggest gripe with vanilla, luckily many others will be in my position so I’ll still have good fights.

MC/BWL/Ony gear will be common among both the casual and hardcore raider, the better raiders will then move to AQ20/40/ZG then to Naxx but the first group will still be 90%+ of the raider playerbase.

The way you handle content droughts in Vanilla is to spend an enjoyable 3 months leveling up that alt you never got around to.

You’ll have every chance to get Rank 10, Crafted Gear, and MC/Dire Maul level stuff at the same time as others.

Phase 1 (Classic Launch)

• Molten Core
  • Onyxia
  • Maraudon

Phase 2

• Dire Maul
  • Azuregos
  • Kazzak
  • Honorable Kills, DHKs, PVP Rank rewards

Nothing in the next 2 phases is catastrophically out of line vs PvP loot.

Phase 3

• Blackwing Lair
  • Darkmoon Faire
  • Darkmoon deck drops begin
  • Alterac Valley and WSG launch

Phase 4

• Zul’Gurub
  • Green Dragons
  • Arathi Basin launches

Then we have the ‘end game’

Phase 5

• Ahn’Qiraj War Effort begins
  • Ahn’Qiraj raids open when the war effort dictates
  • Dungeon loot reconfiguration: Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates and location changes

Phase 6

• Naxxramas
  • Scourge Invasion
  • World PVP Objectives (EPL, Silithus) launch

At which point you should be into (if you focus on just pvp or whatever) higher ranks.

Thats at least my hope. I wont be raiding hard if at all, my loots going to be pvp in all likely hood.