Frost wands not freezing Viscidus

Pretty sure the priests were doing a lot of healing, not to mention my wand resists all the darn time!

1 Like

I suspect that they are range attacks like a hunters bow, so even though it says resist it may actually be a miss.

It probably wasnt a specific hotfix, rather an unintended bug from another unrelated change to some other portion of the game.

I mean we’re on a modified retail client, and that game doesn’t even have wands in it anymore. Wands are a hack in classic to even get them in the game. It’s no wonder they don’t work like vanilla.

that actually makes a lot of sense, i had totally forgotten that wands had been changed into a mh weapon in retail.

I’m actually leaning more towards wands working in vanilla now.

In this vanilla video everyone is wanding and they still freeze the boss.

Unless their melee have a ton of coldrage daggers and frost oil on, but hard to tell.

3 Likes

Thanks for that one. There’s really no melee during the freezing phase, they just run in towards the end to shatter when he’s already blue. Everyone is frost wanding to save mana for slime phase AOE. Leaning towards some sort of programming error if they had to reverse engineer the old wand slot mechanics.

1 Like

would love to see a response from blizzard on this. bueller? bueller?

1 Like

would love to see a response from blizzard on this. bueller? bueller?

Just got hotfixed. Wands work now.

3 Likes

Victory is mine!

1 Like

Not actually how this boss works, but thanks for contributing nothing to the conversation anyway.

4 Likes

And there’s three, do I hear four? Lets see just how many bugs managed to make it past the crack team of testing commandos.

1 Like

I mean, it isn’t like Alliance can’t win. But you’d need to organize, make sure people aren’t AFKing, and actually push. Definitely easier than trying to get a drop of Azuregos that every frost mage will claim priority on because it is BIS.

Or you could just go to DM:N and kill the wizard boss at the end until that wand drops. Mana Channeling Wand is supposed to be a 42% drop off Cho’rush.
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=18483/mana-channeling-wand

1 Like

You missed the point that’s ok though.

Should have also read the rest of the posts made

Excellent!

if only they had an actual QA team and an actual beta…

#IfOnly

2 Likes

Or even if only there was some sort of way for players to test content

like a separate test realm, open to the public.

Nah, definitely can’t have people practicing the fights, it would make them too easy. Better for them to miss obvious bugs that make it too easy instead.

2 Likes

Frost damage in the tooltip from melee weapons has been confirmed to not work but still be eligible for resists and element absorbs.

It would make perfect sense that the tooltip damage on a frost wand works identically because Blizzard love to copy+paste code.

We checked against our reference client and it confirmed what others are saying here: Frost wands are supposed to work, and we found the offending line of code (introduced in 2008!) and fixed it.

Thanks for helping us crush these bugs!
Sorry we missed it.
:heart: you all.

26 Likes

Guess I better get back to gnomeregan. Left my wand in there.

2 Likes