Frost > unholy

I’m level 67. What do I know?
This is my first time really playing a DK and i spent a few hours leveling from 58-67 on unholy before trying frost and let me tell you…
Frost is SO much more fun than unholy. It’s unreal.
Everything I read before making him was “go unholy. go unholy. waaah no 2h on frost waaaah go unholy”.

And I’m sure that’s the case for performance but who cares about performance when you can throw snowballs full of ice at people?

Man I wish unholy was this fun.

10 Likes

Its like testing a shaman but getting only to level 20 saying X spec is better than the other.

7 Likes

EXACTLY! someone gets it.

1 Like

To be fair he’s saying that Frost feels more fun to play, not that it performs better.

12 Likes

same… thing…

No it’s like… not even close to the same thing…

7 Likes

You are only level 67, you dont have Apocalypse (75) or Army of the Dead (82), so of course your ignorant mind thinks frost is better.

Frost
will never
beat
Unholy

Bite me

8 Likes

I did read your post, and Im not arguing that frost is weaker than unholy. Frost has been ahead of unholy for a while now. Unholy is a real death knight. Frost is not a death knight. That is my argument. And because Unholy actually feels like an actual Death Knight, it is more fun than the class that feels like a weaker fury warrior with blue magic.

1 Like

nah frost is real dk trust me ive been one for 2 days. their icy cold breath, the chill of death.
Unholy is just a melee warlock lbs

popping pimples to dps kinda only appeals to pimple popper types.

I agree Frost is more fun

Largest problem is the abysmal weapon drop opportunities and taking longer to get two single handers.

Bliz dropped the ball when they took away artifact weapons with no sensable options to get good weapons other than rng luck (doubled for needing two weps)

and removing even pvp vendor weapon options.

BTW howling blast as frost really helps ya keep on things and frost fever is a large part of your over all dps.

enjoy

3 Likes

But thats exactly what a Death Knight is. A warrior necromancer, raising legions of undead minions from slain enemies and spreading plagues. Frost is, like I said, a weaker fury warrior, hacking and slashing with a bit of frost magic thrown in the mix, unable to wield a two hander, let alone two two handers despite having Unholy strength.

You can play frost, and you can have fun doing so. But you cannot call frost a death knight. It has nothing on Unholy when it comes to class fantasy.

3 Likes

When you hit 120 and have decent gear, and burst a few AoE herpes on 15-20 mobs and they all die in 3 swings, you’ll changed your mind.

Single target, yes, Frost is better. They need to come up with a way to balance another build other than Breath of Sindergosa though, it’s just not what Frost should be imo.

1 Like

Frost may be better for sustain single target, but Unholy takes the cake for burst single target. We really shined when it came to pushing bosses passed certain phases or nuking bosses like with Ashvane, Orgozoa, and Za’qul.

1 Like

I love frost. It’s the only spec I play.

I’m all about playing what you think is fun. If you’re not having fun what’s the point of playing the game.

You do you!

12 Likes

Frost beats Unholy in pure ST and cleave.
Fights like mythic ashvane where you want to 2 phase BOS was incredibly powerful.
There was no fight where Unholy out performed Frost.

Unholy is the king of big pull aoe in mythic +.
Check out Warcraft logs to see the stats from last tier.

Weird post since people are debating which is more appropriate for being a DK. Frost and Unholy both fit the class lore.

Yawn, you know Unholy Death Knight is the original right? They didn’t have any frost related spells till Arthas became the Lich King and sitting his butt on the icy toilet seat…

Death Coil, Death Pact, Unholy Aura, Anti Magic Shell, Army of the Dead…

Zero frost related skills, zero. Frost spells were from the Lich like Kel Thuzad.

3 Likes

Bring back blood dps with bloodworms! Or 2h frost!

Until then I play unholy. Not because it’s the best, but because it’s currently the least objectionable DK spec for me to play.

5 Likes

Wtf are you talking about. Uhh Arthas? Frost? Yeah

Arthas didn’t have any frost skills or spells till he turned into the Lich King, which arguably is more Lich than Death Knight. Death Knights are originally more Unholy nature.

1 Like