Frost strike is poo poo

Frost strike feels like a filler ability that doesn’t really have a place outside of that. I think the best thing to do for frost strike is to make it have another unique effect to it when you use it

Reduce armor, slow, refresh razorice, refresh chains, refresh frost fever, or something else

Maybe the unqiue effect can only take effect within remorseless winter i dont know

back n the day when KM was on it for DW it hit pretty had vs 2h oblit

FS refreshing FF and cleave refresh while in RW is a neat idea

2 Likes

Imo it should have a better chance to refresh runes

1 Like

Why have it refresh something that is being used all the time? Howling blast does FF autos and strike abilities do razorice as long as its in a weapon, chains slow effect doesn’t matter except in pvp.

What do people want out of this ability? It is a filler, it has been a filler. So what?

1 Like

Glad to know you are okay with accepting mediocracy

4 Likes

Its its not broke, dont add useless things that wouldnt make it any better.

Reducing armor, only impacts non KM obliterates which are low already, or auto attacks. You wouldnt notice it what so ever.

A slow, we have chains for that, and you shouldnt have to build RP to gain a slow that is useless outside of PvP for the most part and we have chains.

Razorice is applied by Frost Strike, Obliterate, Frostscythe and auto attacks as long as you have the rune on a weapon. Again a useless change that you wouldnt notice.

Howling Blast keeps FF up as long as you are playing the spec.

I expect better from the DK community but it has been failing for well over a year now.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be useless lol because you can completely not take razorice on your weapon, glacial advance applies razorice which would allow more interesting plays to be made

Allowing a main ability to just remain a filler is exactly what the dk community should not stand for, why are you so okay with being mediocre?

This is also why I hate adding specifics in addressing issues like this. Because instead of acknowledging that the concept of frost strike is currently a problem, you focus on my personal ideas to resolve them. Obviously there are other things you can do, that isn’t the point

The point is the ability is absolutely useless and unlike unholy, runic power is almost useless on frost

that’s just how kelliste is man. don’t take it personally. i think frost strike definitely is a problem skill, not high priority like making glacial advance baseline, but it really should do something unique, but there’s almost nothing tied to it directly, so instead of feeling really good, it can feel really mediocre especially when you get unlucky. i think having a higher chance to refresh runes would be better because it plays into what the skill is used for and works better with obliteration and would also have even better synergy with the tier set. would also reduce the amount of time where you’re waiting for both runes and runic power to spend.

If the ability is useless play without it. You even suggesting that its useless and RP is “almost useless” on frost just goes to show how ill informed on the spec you are.

Go ahead and play without RP if its so useless. No BoS, no Glacial and no Frost Strike.

And no, it would be useless because Glacial Advance applies RI, once its stacked you just need to use it once every 15 seconds to keep RI going. Make Frost Strike refresh RI would do nothing of any worth.

Its not just a “filler” it was the only strike that was armor bypassing until KM rank 2 came along (outside of Frostscythe) and it gives back runes. All that Obliterate does is generate RP and do some damage… its just a filler.

Get some better ideas. If its such a problem everyone should be able to suggest good ways to fix those problems, but its all below average ideas of how to “fix” it thats not actually fixing anything. Go ahead and do it, let it refresh RI and you would still complain about Frost Strike. Do you know why? BECAUSE IT ALREADY DOES THAT AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.

They should just bring back and make baseline shattering strikes.

It actually added some extra thought to the rotation.

They could also transition RI to a baseline effect almost like they are doing with the next tier set.

1 Like

It deals an appropriate % of total damage in logs for single target and honestly even 2 targets. It’s getting left in the dust by BoS on 3+ cleave that it starts to feel noticeable when you have an aoe that deals almost FS damage a tick that you can keep up for a long period of time with proper play. Having to talent for GA just feels horrible because avalanche is just so much stronger single target.

I don’t think adding riders to FS would make it feel better, it speeds up the frost rotation through rune replenishment much like death coil reduces CDs for unholy. Death coil doesn’t feel great to press either when I want to burst wounds in my dnd windows or use my aoe rp dump.

The problem is we don’t have an execute or an aoe rp dump for the spec that isn’t behind a restrictive cool down. I wouldn’t look to FS to play these roles, we should have those other abilities baseline. Tune breath accordingly and give us the other aoe buttons.

I agree Servechilled. We need glacial advance baseline. If they want they can keep the razorice effect on the talent as an upgrade to the skill along with something like a cooldown removal and radius increase

I hope that we get GA baseline in 10.0. Hopefully the set bonus is a concession to what we said in beta testing.

Set bonuses were much easier to balance around in prior xpacs I think. Less moving pieces then the borrowed power systems.

Except with the tier set it will be active much more often than if they just made GA baseline. It would need a CD removal for it to be any good.

If that happens I dont see them keeping the applies RI which was a recent change that hasnt actually done anything until the last patch of the expansion. The set bonus if popular would become a talent and GA would probably be removed as something for DK’s to actually use.

Why wouldn’t they do it for next patch? What’s stopping them?

Yeah i think GA without a cooldown would fit great as a baseline skill with razorice being something like a talent upgrade along with a width increase or something

I think we’re prob too far into the patch ptr for permanent ability additions. Spec isn’t hurting that bad in rankings for something so drastic.

I’m assuming if it does get added base numbers will be reasonable to the pint it’s worth pressing.

I don’t think RI should be basedline, rune wep enchants are such a good flavour for the class and that would really undermine them. I don’t mind RI being accessed by an alternative talent or something, because then that’s adding choice to your build.

I really thing rune wep enchants need to be looked at so there are some more options that could be taken. Would love to see the sanguination one be turned into an execute rune enchant that includes deathcoil and froststrike as well as the Deathstrike in the damage increase for % HP missing.

It’s… been a mediocre ability for a while.

Frost Strike is an ability that is literally a coinflip to restore your most depleted rune without any sort of rewards for spending globals on them.

But now, I’m not sure if I’m even qualified to say anything about the DK class at this point.

you are more qualified than some people here

if AA and FF got toned down and damage put back into abilities that would help right or am i wrong?