Frost Death Knight spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters
2 Likes

Season 1
2p: Obliterate and Frostscythe critical strike damage is increased by 15%.

4p: Obliterate and Frostscythe have a 15% chance not to consume killing machine.

Season 2
2p: Howling Blast damage increased by 20 percent. Consuming Rime increases the damage of your next Frostwyrm’s Fury by five percent, stacking 10 times. Pillar of Frost calls a Frostwyrm’s Fury at 30 percent effectiveness that cannot Freeze enemies.

4p: Frostwyrm’s Fury causes enemies hit to take 20 percent increased damage from your Critical Strikes for 12 seconds.

Season 3
2p: Chill Streak’s range is increased by 4 yds and can bounce off of you. Each time Chill Streak bounces off an enemy your damage is increased by 4% for 10 sec, stacking up to 5 times.

4p: Chill Streak can bounce 2 additional times and each time it bounces, you have a 40% chance to gain a Rune, reduce Chill Streak cooldown by 5 sec, or reduce the cooldown of Empower Rune Weapon by 10 sec.

46 Likes

Season 2 set was the best by far. Playing around frostwyrm is so much better than to play around chill streak. S2 was fun, engaging and strong

6 Likes

I concur, season 2 set bonuses were great and felt far better than just chill streak buffs

3 Likes

Season 1 synergizes well with Obliteration
Season 2 was just all around fun built around an iconic talent
Season 3 forces us to use a boring talent for a chance at getting a CD reduction on ERW …

I voted Season 1, but as long as Season 3 does NOT win I’ll be happy. I wish we could just pick and choose what we want though instead of having the community vote on just one.

9 Likes

Season 2 let’s go!

2 Likes

Anything’s better than Season 3 but I voted for S2 - Frostwyrm is just fun. S1 is…fine, I guess, but kind of boring compared to Frostwyrm.

1 Like

Season 1 is great for pvp and pve. Season 2 is good for pve but terrible in pvp very terrible And I never really cared for frostwyrms fury. Season 3 shouldn’t even be a choice they need to just change Chill Streak to always bounce off yourself and be done with it.

2 Likes

season 2 was so fun i really hope they make it a talent in the future

I’m shocked season three has that many votes. It’s so awkward for those of us that didn’t use it before the bonus. Season one is my preference since I play Oblit, but season two is definitely a banger and something Al of us can use.

4 Likes

Sure season 2 was fun, but it was so incredibly weak in . The amount of time it took to charge up a full strength frostwyrm for it to hit a fairly big number was not worth the CHANCE that it would be ready just when you were ready to secure a kill, and Gods forbid you MISS. It felt redundant, and I didn’t even run frostwyrm on my BAR season 2. Only frostwyrm I even used was the mini one from my burst. Season 1 was boring, but at least Frost DKs could climb, and it let them do frost DK things better.

2 Likes

Season 1 is the only option for PvP. So for another season, FDK shall remain at the bottom of the ladder. S1 was the only time we attempted to claw our way up. It wasn’t a good set, but it was the best chance they gave us.

5 Likes

Season 2 was by far the worst tier for Frost dk in arenas so that’s cool. Frostwyrm’s Fury is giga nerfed in pvp. Y’all about to see Fdk drop below F- tier and regular forum posts again. Losing Chill streak bouncing between you and enemies and the extra bounce distance is huge. Season 1 lost viability with the blanket 50% nerfs in arena and the 4-set becomes a little redundant when fatal fixation was introduced.

3 Likes

ty man, really helped a lot

Seeing a lot of hate for the S3 set but I personally love it. Feels like a little slot machine and it’s not awkward at all IMO as it replaces Frostwyrm on breath builds. Enduring Chill is very fun. But can’t go wrong, we’ve had three great sets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me when I get to spec into FWF: :grin:

Me when I dont get to spec into FWF: :rage:

2 Likes

My main problem with S3 set is using it in any scenario where something might die before the others. It seems I lose the gamble every time because it bounces to the mob with a tiddlywink of health left and I lose my chill streak

1 Like

This strategy by blizzard is lazy and stupid.

S1 and S2 were terrible for FDKs in pvp.

4 Likes

U dont play like that with that tier, u use pillar whenever you need it and the frostwyrm stacks are just a bonus damage, not meant to be the main dmg.

1 Like

S1 was great for frost too but I agree, the S3 bonus is amazing for frost and makes chill streak way less clunky for the average player while also rewarding the good frost dks for using it properly.

2 Likes