Frost buffs

It’s from Blackwing Decent and Bastion of Twilight. Its Tier 11, by far the best looking mage tier they have made.

1 Like

Ok, so considering the logs, Fire is still approx +10-15 % ahead of frost after the buff, so take it for what it is, a buff to take frost out of mediocrity.

1 Like

Thanks!

blabla char

wow with this 9% buff we might be able to out dps our tanks now. joke aside this is better than nothing but still doesn’t put us in a decent spot.

9 Likes

This buff does almost nothing, its still below both other mage specs and at the bottom of the pack. There is still no reason to play frost in PvP or PvE, mages are already not being brought to mythic raids, this is a joke. 9% is far less than what is needed

9 Likes

I’m happy for the buff of course. Hopefully it’s enough to consider switching covenants…again. I’m still a bit worried about pugging keys as frost though.

2 Likes

Definitely the best Mage mog. It’s sad how crappy mage gear looks.

It’ll probably pull ahead on normal.
Its going to put frost close to on par with fire in heroic.
Probably still be a bit under on mythic.

Based on WCL DPS/ilvl stats.

Now we’re on par with Demo Warlocks.

1 Like

lezgo about time, i think globably 9% buff on base ability end up being more than 9% on our total dps, with the ice lance multiplier + talent

1 Like

Frost was around 15% behind the top specs, so with a 9% buff I think frost will be upper tier now.

1 Like

I for one am happy with this, I’d say it’s way better than nothing. But do note that it’s not final and it may be lesser (or more) than 9%

As always, the changes above (with the exception of the Podtender fix) are a work in progress, and may differ before they go live. We’ll have the final tuning noted in our Hotfixes Update post next week.

9% would put us upper tier.

I think we are around 16% away from boomkins.

Not sure how it works cuz I’m dumb, but wouldn’t that make us around 7% behind the spec that’s overtuned?

It is more than 30% behind the top specs (aggregate dps, heroic, 75%). The 9% is substantial, but given how far behind it is, frost will still be a bottom quartile spec after the buff.

Frost will be ~16% behind fire after this buff (based on the same data set). Keep in mind this is an aggregate and individuals will see both larger and smaller gaps between the specs. For instance, if you are a Venthyr mage, your potential frost dps will be somewhat closer to your potential fire throughput (higher frost ceiling and lower fire ceiling). The reverse is true if you are Night Fae.

5 Likes

Using all percentiles & ilvls:
Frost median in heroic: 3009 + 9% = ~3300
Fire median in heroic: 3824
= Frost still ~13.7% behind fire.

Sorting based on ilvl - all percentiles - heroic
@205 Fire 4000 dps
frost 3500 + 9% = 3815 dps
-> Fire still ahead by ~4.6% at this ilvl bracket
@190 fire 3119 dps
frost 2640 + 9% = 2900 dps
-> Fire ahead 6.4%
@215 fire 5000 dps
frost 4450 + 9% = 4950 dps
-> fire ahead 1%

You’ll still see frost behind on average, but it’ll be closer.
This is napkin math - take it with a grain of salt

2 Likes

I’m stupid truck driver.

omg! is this thing real??? it’ snot april fools right??? :smiley:

You’re fine. I just wanted to temper expectations, lest they get too lofty. You’re an active proponent of proper spec balancing and an all around mage lobbyist. Keep up the good work.

Where do you predict we land now?

Middle of the pack, lower or upper?

It’ll probably be mid/lowmid. As i don’t see a bunch of the fire mages swapping over for something that’ll underperform. Around enh, sub, demo territory.

2 Likes