Frost 2h 2% buff

is this really going to be enough to bring it in line with dw?

i personally think frost overall could use a 5% buff and then on top of that add the 2% buff for 2h as well

5 Likes

2% damage buff to everything could stack up. Have to sim it first, but 2% is nothing to scoff at right away.

1 Like

Jeez :rofl:

Okay. But, people have mainly only been complaining about 2h while propping up dw. So, of course they’d do this.

Some of us have been saying that they spec as a whole needs more, but people continue to drown out our opinions and just saying “Buff two hand!192<!!93”.

I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned something about this in another post :thinking:

2 Likes

I mean its a neat PvP buff with an attempt to push the PvE more past that wide gap.

But realistically, it doesnt make frost better overall which is the main problem.

3 Likes

Seems about right to bring 2h in line with dw. I’d like to see a bit more for the spec as a whole, but this is a good step in the right direction.

1 Like

You’re right, but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Baby steps like this will eventually get us to our destination, it just might not be as quickly as we wished it was.

2 Likes

Still, the problem is Frost itself…not 2h Frost. The buffs may bring 2h more in line with DW builds, but Frost itself still is a basement spec.

12 Likes

All they need to do is undo the last round of nerfs in the beta.

12 Likes

this will make your 5k oblit hit for 5.1k, so no lmao

5 Likes

That’s not how Blizzard works. This game isn’t design by committee.

Uhhh

Yay for my Venthyr DK that pvps as 2h Frost?

1 Like

I know that. WE know that.

But, the spec as it is now is, well… as Kell have said many times. It’s what those most vocal keeps suggesting and want.

And here we are.

Now what?

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

7 Likes

Sims suggest that 2h sits around 5-7% behind dual wield in overall damage so no, I don’t think 2% will make a difference. Not to mention mechanically dw gets more RP generation, razorice, etc.

11 Likes

2% is nothing. At best it’s a token show that they’re looking at the spec, but Frost overall needs buffs that are larger than this, let alone additional buffs to 2H to make it worthwhile.

Seems like they might be trying to stay away from 2H Frost just getting Obliterate buffs, though, which is good in the long term.

3 Likes

Honestly though. I checked out mmo-champion and they showed a website displaying tier lists and recommended conduits/talent/legendaries for m+ and raids.

The balancing this xpac is EMBARASSING when a tier list looks like this.

HOW is there nothing in the middle? Yes, B tier has Fury, Ret, and Arms. But Arms and Ret are insane in pvp at least. The gap is ridiculous!

I’m all for having some low tier specs and high tier specs as long as there is something mid way. But this tier list isn’t even a tier list. It’s more like “what’s overpowered and what is useless.” It’s black & white. I flipped a coin this expansion. And it wasn’t in my favor. I waited a little while for balance changes because yes, it was the holidays. But holy **** this is discouraging. And it’s too late for me to reroll

6 Likes

Hopefully this is just a working number in progress and it gets bumped up more for 2H frost, otherwise… 2% very lacklustre.

5 Likes

I’d like to see a frost aura buff as well as that 2% be increased to something around 3.5%.

3 Likes

2hander is a gimmick, its just right that you get gimmick fixes. Frost will be bottom as long there are 2 subspecs to balance. This has been said a million times on those BUT MUH ARTHAS ROLEPLAY!!! threads. Be happy with what you got now.

I’m expecting those tuning notes to change prior to the 12th.

But they are pitiful. Where are the convoke nerfs? Where are the underperformer buffs? They left out a number of specs. The changes they did make are so small it won’t remotely compare to the broken 1 shot classes.

Frost in general needed a 10% buff. 2h frost needs actual work on how it generates power.

Hell I’m survival main and there is literally nothing. We’re bottom feeders with a pet that dies instantly in PvP. Hell with our aoe legendary and uncapped aoe targets we still can’t aoe.

I don’t expect every spec and class to be the same. But I expect the game to be enjoyable for everyone. There is ZERO reason any spec should just be left to rot and die. It really is that simple to make tuning changes.

5 Likes