Friend's account hacked, please help

I looked everywhere to find out how to do this, but all i could find was links that asked about MY account, and my account is fine.

I have a friend who vanished for several months, then returned recently. She somehow put all of my characters on ignore immediately on logging in, including characters that i made after her vanishing. This would normally only be possible if we shared Battlenet tags, which we didn’t do. I saw her go to a mailbox, then toward the bank when i jumped up and down in front of her, which she then immediately logged. She has logged on and off several times since then, and I’ve often asked friends to whisper her, and none of them got responses before she would log immediately off again. Last time i saw her, she was wearing low level equipment, instead of what she had.

All this to me red flags this as a compromised account. Please investigate this? Character is named Ziñ, on the Wyrmrest Accord server. I’ve been hacked before and it’s awful… she was a good friend before she vanished.

1 Like

Oooh, not good…

Try this link right here.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/942/channels

4 Likes

That’s one of the links that asked about MY account. It’s not my account that needs recovery.

Well, it’s the closest thing to it. There should a window where you can describe what the issue is.

1 Like

You can still report it yourself via the link Thundertotem provided.

Friend, Guild Mate, or Family Member Account Hacked:

4 Likes

Another option that should work right now is Live Chat here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/187/channels

6 Likes

Only the account owner can claim being compromised.

Others may make a report to Blizz if they see activity that raises suspicion that someone else’s account may be compromised, and ask Blizz to take a look.

This is your situation. You SUSPECT your friend’s account is compromised. Submit a ticket and ask Blizz to take a look. Provide a character and server name from the friend’s account so Blizz will know where to look.

See the link provided by Kyzera.

2 Likes

If the account does appear to blizzard as compromised, you will not be informed and the account will me locked.

If you continue to see the character after blizzard investigates, the player is likely avoiding contact.

4 Likes