Friendly NPC A.I. Bots for Dungeon Finder Groups

I understand. Performing is the key word here.

They do it in game too, in general chat, trade chat, even newcomer chat. And I know it’s very annoying.

1 Like

I feel like this would widen the skill gap between the average WoW player and aficionados of mythic raiding/M+ that much further, simply due to it being the path of least resistance. We need things closing that gap, not making it larger.

Ya me agree this thread stupid an OP stupid too we no need such mooron people She no shoult post such stupid things no moor. Bots hahaha.

From a game developer’s perspective, several questions would have to be addressed:

1. How powerful do we make the AI party members?
  2. How smart do we make the AI party members?
  3. Do the AI party members follow the player around, or a pre-determined route?

The answers I suspect are:

1. Relative in power to the player’s own character and item level.
  2. Similar to what already exists for Island Expeditions, with additional awareness for aggro radius.
  3. A predetermined route which aims for 100% boss completion, sprinkled with moments where the AI waits and asks for player input on which route to take (which boss to do first, etc) when relevant.

You’re so civil.

1 Like

Ya me big civil hahaha

1 Like

Looks like someone did not take their meds today.

1 Like

What if they did machine learning for their bots, and had a bot for every spec that acted like the majority of that specs players in real dungeons?

1 Like

So long as they don’t talk like the players in most dungeons I’d be fine with it.

3 Likes

Being able to do leveling dungeons, which at this point everyone in this game has already done ten-thousand times already, is hardly getting rid of the ‘multiplayer’ aspect.

1 Like

Something akin to this should be an option for the people that don’t have loads of free time to level, as far as M+ or Mythic raids I’d personally be against it although I know how annoying pugs can be sometimes. I think that’s more due to a combination of A lack of understanding other classes when forming groups, group synergy, voice chat, & mechanics fails. Maybe they could incorporate some way of learning individual classes as well.

So…rather than use the ignore function as intended, we should create a system of AI bots so that people don’t have to interact with people in a game designed with cooperation from other players in mind to accomplish more difficult tasks.

I hate suggestions like this. If people are being rude, or toxic, ignore them. If they’re really being rude about it, move to kick them from the group. Surely other people will agree, and they’ll be removed. It’s not that hard.

This could possibly be useful in leveling dungeons, and in cases where someone wants to take their time instead of speed racing to the end.

I wouldn’t recommend it for anything with a timer though.

3 Likes

Hell, I’d level another character so I could go back & read all the lore I couldn’t. I’d do all the old dungeons then over time:)

This the only way I would support such an idea. It would be great for players to learn how to play their tank/dps/heal roles before they try to step into more difficult content with people who are expecting them to know how to play their class and know the fights. But anything above normal mode needs to be done with players.

1 Like

Agreed OP. They need to have voice actors assigned to them, and to have funny personalities.

1 Like

Thats why they are losing subs faster than WoW is.

Get geared and just solo them

the bots could tell jokes or random thoughts. it would be the most chatter in any dungeon group in ages at least where someone isn’t cussing and such.

2 Likes

OP - yes - I really want this option!!

2 Likes